House for Sale Hughesdale

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Wendy_B, 20th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

I feel that there is a gap in the property market for the broader community to see hot properties for sale. Or am I missing a channel that is available? I see Realestate.com and Domain as key places to go but you need to choose the area for a house. Where is the place, like the newspaper was, where you can look broadly at homes for sale. I am sure there are people who would love to live in Hughesdale but how can someone become aware of the suburb?

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Mar, 2022
  2. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

Just get a really big screen for your computer and use the map rather than the list.

3. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

Thank you. Yes I have seen that but then you just have dots on a map. Is there an online magazine or general information about houses for sale?

4. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

If we ignore the fact that you are trying to sell your house there, why would anyone want to become aware of the suburb of Hughesdale?

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Mar, 2022
    bamp likes this.
  5. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

Just select the nearby suburb option? Or refer to a map and add those suburbs to your search?

6. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

I hear that so many couples and expecting couples are searching for homes and they are being beaten by many at auctions. On Saturday, a beautiful 3 bedroom home, went to an auction here, there had to be a Vendor opening bid, well under asking price and it was sold with one bid. Not to mention, there is a kindergarten, primary school, Sacred Heart, two wonderful parks, train station and shopping centres within walking distance!

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Your first and second sentences dont match up. If bidding is thin, why are the people you are hearing about still getting beaten?

you want to get more people interested in an area where you are selling a house?

craigc likes this.
  8. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

It is answered with “location,location”. People are unaware of Hughesdale. That is why I feel that an article could be published somewhere informing inner city dwellers that there is this lovely suburb not far from the city that could be a great choice with little competition in contrast with high demand suburbs.

9. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

I didn’t answer the second part of your sentence. We have had three children while living in this home, brought them up in this suburb and they are in the late twenties now. My husband and I want to downsize and hope to sell to enable others to have the special experience that we have had. The community is lovely here it just does not make sense.

10. supersam80

supersam80 Well-Known Member

These sorts of posts really devalue this forum

It's bad enough when people just spruik and area they've bought in to, but for me this is a new low.

11. bamp

bamp Well-Known Member

The screen doesn't even have to be that big - my default method of searching REA is using maps and zooming in/out as required, have covered all of Metropolitan Melbourne easily with some searches.

But OP is clearly a spammer so probably doesn't care

12. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

Not sure what OP is but perhaps people are seeing it given these replies. Thanks for your feedback.

13. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

My ask in original message to a property chat group is where do people access literature about properties for sale? It use to be in a special fold out in the Herald Sun. What is the online equivalent? I thought this group would be able to provide this information. Is that so wrong?

14. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Your original message contained details of a property we assumed is yours and you are trying to sell.

Please our marketplace guidelines if you have a property to sell.
    Marketplace Guidelines

The Y-man

Wendy_B likes this.
  15. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

I understand and have read the details.I added unnecessary additional information. Sincere apologies if I have inadvertently upset readers.

16. 10khours

10khours Well-Known Member

Can you link the property the price it sold for? I'm pretty familiar with the area so I'm curious how much it sold for.

Market is definitely softening right now in that area, there is a lot of stock so buyers have more choice than they have for the last 2 years.

This is another property close to Hughesdale that I have seen sell much lower than it would have 5 months ago, 777,000 for a house on a half block in oakleigh south. It passed in and sold just after the auction for a low price.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-unit-vic-oakleigh+south-138556751

5 months ago I think this would have fetched 830-870k at least.

This one passed in, not sure what the final price was. 5 months ago you would have had 3 or 4 bidders fighting it out.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-hughesdale-138426503

Hughesdale is absolutely not a hidden gem. Everyone who gets priced out of Carnegie/Murrumbeena will look at Hughesdale. Prices are softening because affordability is atrocious, petrol/grocery prices are insane and everyone knows interest rates are going up. Nobody is going to stretch themselves to pay overs when they know their repayments are going to go up as soon as the property settles, and there is another similar property nearby going to auction in another week or so.

If a property doesn't sell there is always one simple reason at the end of the day. The vendor's price expectation is too high.

Last edited: 21st Mar, 2022
  17. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

18. Wendy_B

Wendy_B Member

Of course. Here it is. The Vendor bid at the public auction was $1.4m.
    53 Carlisle Crescent, Hughesdale, Vic 3166
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-hughesdale-138606795
    Here it’s is.
    Well that is good news for the younger couples and those expecting. I haven’t noticed this rise in Hughesdale via my alert I have set up, but it is houses, as more homes haven’t come on my notifications. Thanks for your feedback.

19. 10khours

10khours Well-Known Member

I would class this as a B grade property because it backs onto the train line (which means very noisy). "A" grade properties have no trouble selling right now, "B" grade properties like this one are a lot harder to sell if the vendor is not willing to lower the price. A huge majority of buyers will not consider this house because it's so close to the train line.

20. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I use realestate.com.au almost exclusively.

The Y-man