Hot tub vs. In-ground Spa

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Blueskies, 6th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Seeking feedback from anyone who has a hot-tub or an in-ground spa. We have been looking at getting a swimming pool and spa installed in the near future. We are set on getting a spa but a little confused about best options.

The in-ground concrete spa has the most aesthetic appeal and neat integration with a spillway to pool etc. In almost every other way the freestanding hot-tub seems a better option, it is cheaper to buy and run, smoother contoured surface, lots more water jets/bubbles, easier to maintain/repair, quicker to heat etc. but we are struggling on how it can be best landscaped to make it look nice in the pool area. So far the best we have come up with is building a tiled wall along the pool edge to shroud the hot tub behind. Sinking the hot-tub shell in the ground seems a bit of a pain and the suppliers generally steer us away from this from an access/maintenance point of view.

Anyone else gone down this path and found a good solution? For anyone with a hot-tub or in-ground concrete spa have do you have any feedback/regrets/learnings etc?

Many thanks

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I’ve only used them in hotels etc and I reckon they are fantastic. I wouldn’t care if they are part of a pool or freestanding in a garage. Those jet propelled hot suds on your back feel like heaven on a stick.

One day I will invest in one. And a portable sauna as well.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia