NSW Hot tip

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 12th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Xenia and Tony Fleming like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Who's going to catch a plane from out there? It's sooo far from the eastern suburbs plus there's no transport. ;)

josh123 likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Well, your not far wrong, but forget the locals, imagine being a visitor & you have to fight your way in or out of Sydney, just what you need after a long flight, a hell of a time trying to get to the harbour, in peak hour, by rail or road....

I think it is a big fail without a fast rail link to existing port and CBD.....we will see.......maybe

4. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Much easier to have put it south of Kurnell, with a tunnel across to the current airport o_O

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately 'not in my backyard' is the general sentiment against any logical placement of the airport.

6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Funny isn't it, planes already fly over there every day, and all the infrastructure already heads to syd main airport.
    Maybe its that the land is more expensive (or not owned by persons to benefit) from the now sold Desalination plant south to the Water treatment plant.
    Every time I fly into Avalon we fly directly over Melb airport, not that much difference?

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If it mean a couple fewer planes flying over my place everyday, that will be nice! I don't get a huge amount of plane noise, but they do fly overhead. Any decrease will probably be temporary though and more flights will eventually come to Sydney as tourism grows.

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

That was the case when Tulla was first opened; out in the middle of nowhere.

I suspect it will be a good place to get in on the ground floor before everyone else jumps on.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Someone sent me stuff on land and house packages in this area or close by? probably took off, no idea not looked recently

10. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Project is off to a flying start

wombat777 likes this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

right, had titles been issued on the land, to be honest I was not paying too much attention as was doing other stuff. I expect anyone purchased that land in first releases should make at least 20%? I think the blocks were flying out the door at the time? ?

Its good if you purchased one of these blocks. Wonder if anyone else on PC has?

Land and house are great when markets are moving.

12. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone landed a great deal

MTR and wombat777 like this.
  13. dabbler

I see no point, I know a lot of people who were buying in the South West say 10-15 from the site due to the announcement long ago, which I find weird, as you usually try and get away from airports and the flight paths :)

14. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

People usually try to run 'way as fast as they can when an airport is announced

15. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Seems like Badgery's creek is mostly being pushed by the government. Can't really see the value when it's most likely going to be owned by the same operator as Kingsford Smith.

Not only do we have to build the Airport but then also $Billions in infrastructure. Kingsford Smith isn't at capacity and even when it gets there they are artificial caps anyway.

The decision to build it is definitely premature.

16. dabbler

Well, if it were possible, that would be a far better place, refinery is gone AFAIK, only some park land there and some residential. Must be a reason, apart from cook landing spot...

17. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Western Sydney has a huge population which the airport will make far easier for travel from, as well as the blue mountains, hills district and south west/central coast

18. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

Interesting how a lot of the commentary about no one wanting to travel from to and from badgerys creek to the CBD.

It's all relative.
    Think about how it must feel for someone who lives in Penrith/Liverpool and how much it must cost to drive/commute to the current international terminal with gridlock traffic on top of it.

Badgerys creek will service a different clientele.
    It's going to accommodate for increased number of flights and carriers. Increased population.

Bottom line: increased property values.
    That's all I care about.

19. dabbler

Our family is West and S West, no big deal getting to the airport, or the Quay to go OS now.

We are low frequency travelers however, but I recall every place I have been too when you land somewhere and it is a real trek to the popular tourist spots.

I do not think about it from a local only viewpoint, I only think about how tourists feel and from that perspective as it is an International airport, but I suppose many will just think how it will benefit them. If they do proper Domestic services from both airports, that would serve the best.

I also think about how the govt may hoodwink people, or just bugger things up, as they are increasingly good at.

So my views are not a selfish viewpoint, it will be a lot closer for me, so if I want to think of it that way & the services are in fact there, then all good, but I think this is a lot of the problem in our country, too much navel gazing, not enough looking at the future and doing things properly.

Stoffo likes this.
  20. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Exactly- try getting to Mascot from Penrith for a 9am flight in peak hour. Good luck. Western Sydney is Australia’s third largest economy, housing 47% of Sydney’s total population (2.12 million) and producing 31% of Sydney’s Gross Regional Product ($104 billion). BC is not replacing KS, it is ADDITIONAL and it will run 24hrs to create options for travellers. KS is struggling to keep up with demand and will not be able to keep up within 20 years. Western Sydney needs this airport. It is obvious.