Hot Spots in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Vijju, 23rd Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vijju

Vijju Member

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Hello Vijjuu

Hard to argue with any of these, maybe Belmont as well as Tingalpa

3. Vijju

Vijju Member

Thanks Heinz, they are in my list now.
    do you think they are good for capital growth?

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think you wont even get an empty block, that floods, in Tingalpa with that budget, I was looking there with a larger budget a few years ago, no go, unless you wanted a flood block with old falling down fishermans fibro or timber shack.

You could buy a unit with that budget then though, they also would be past that unless it is like a unit block, def not a decent semi/duplex anymore I would think.

5. Vijju

Vijju Member

Thanks and appreciate your comments Dabbler, so where you ended up buying? If you would have to buy with $350k where would you buy?

6. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy a unit in any of those suburbs. They may be hotspots for houses but on your budget, you couldn't afford them.

7. dabbler

Lots of places I like in Bris, but you would have to be fair way out way for 350k now, I would go north instead, but again, close proximity to CBD will mean it has all gone up, do some searching on the property portals too see what you can get for what price range.

8. dabbler

You could prob get something modest in Redlands (North end) or Moreton Bay for the 400 mark.

9. dabbler

This is not terrible 18 Toondah Place Tingalpa Qld 4173 - House for Sale #126832546 - realestate.com.au seems cheap, but some of those streets the places are really cramped together.....

1384 Wynnum Road Tingalpa Qld 4173 - House for Sale #126867070 - realestate.com.au 100k over your budget, a busy road, looks to need work, and when you look you will find other down sides, people here say Bris has done nothing, but that is because they are looking for 15-20% jumps per annum, but it has all moved from CBD to Bayside.

Rich2011 and Eric Wu like this.
  10. nth brisbanite

First house is on such a tiny block. Second one on main road. Both are still way above 350k budget. Looks like units are only option but can’t see any capital growth in them for a few years.

11. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

I have a big old weatherboard in Tingalpa which according to cba did jump 20% last year. It has had a lot of flat years prior and i have made zero improvements but things are looking up for me but not good news for the op trying to get in now. Best advice would be to find a crazy old man with a delorean and go back a few years (not far mind you) and you can take your pick.

Heinz57 likes this.
  12. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

@Vijju have a look at inner Ipswich suburbs. Has been heating up for the last year. For your budget it represents good balance of yield and CG (10% last year in inner Ipswich with quite the positive outlook).

13. Vijju

Vijju Member

Thanks for your comments Swamp. good that it has appreciate 20%.

14. Vijju

Vijju Member

Thanks for your reply Danmicb, Yes..I have seen talking about Ipswich, The council has invested lot on infrastructure there. I would certainly add it in my list.

15. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I would avoid buying units in family demographic suburbs. Look at what is in demand, then buy that. There is a reason certain types of property in certain suburbs are cheap!

16. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Not only is it on a major road, it's also only a stone's throw to the Gateway Motorway. The noise, and dirt (from the diesel trucks etc) would be an ongoing nightmare.

17. dabbler

Therefore the price......but I think those properties do also go up & some may have commercial value down the track, although have not looked at that location or council regs....tenants will still rent if priced right....especially if you can roll out of bed and be on the motorway :p:D

18. dabbler

I would not be so worried about the block, after all QLD is full of 400 odd blocks, if the price is right and it will appreciate like other properties in the area & be in demand rental wise, would be my concern. As well as ability present well for re sale later without major changes.

19. nth brisbanite

It’s 317, not 400 sq m. They want offers over 400k, way over Vijju’s Budget.

20. dabbler

Not sure what your trying to say, that I cant read ? Or comprehend area?

Point is 400 is not large either, and no house for 350 I think I said clearly.

Up to them to make what they will of comments......