NSW Hornsby or Baulkham Hills

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KingCantona7, 23rd Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Not really - just check the suburbs profiles, income levels, professions .. it’s all public data from census.

KingCantona7 likes this.
  2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I do acknowledge its a more "desirable" area but lets not say its "worlds" apart because its simply not. Even the quality of the houses being sooooo old they are no better than the ones in BH.

My parents house is ancient but its on massive land like 800sqm that is where the value is.

Anyway Op cant afford there anyway so we are moving a bit away from the topic here.

Just buy in Baulkham Hills or Winston Hills your budget suites it. If you dont like the area for whatever reason you'll never ever find it hard to sell around there and you'll most likely make money as well.

Even Northmead these days has improved greatly and it should be cheaper than BH/WHs.

KingCantona7 likes this.
  3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Will have to agree to @standtall here. BH even has bogans there living in multi million dollar properties due inheritance and time in the market.

bsar, KingCantona7 and standtall like this.
  4. KingCantona7

KingCantona7 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your responses

I am getting the general sentiment that Baulkham Hills is a very good suburb given my current circumstances and price range.

There may be better places to buy if I had a bit more budget ( like Cherrybrook ) , but given my price range of 1.6max , BH seems to be a great choice

RC_1A, Perky29 and bsar like this.
  5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

If you are buying in BH or surrounds, make sure you buy near public transport. Or you could spend a lot of your commute looking for parking and/or walking a long way to the bus/rail. Most parking facilities near the stations are inadequate in times outside of covid.
    I know people who love the BH/kellyville area but the lack of good public transport to the city has them moving towards the northern suburbs eventually.

KingCantona7 likes this.
  6. GreenTreeFrog

GreenTreeFrog Well-Known Member

KingCantona7 likes this.
  7. Damien Pigott

Damien Pigott New Member

Been living in BH for 20+ years. Big advantage is proximity to shops (Grove Square has Coles,Woolworths and Aldi), public transport to Macquarie, City and Parramatta, plenty of park and sport options, and a good range of both government and non-government schools. We’ve seen lots of change and a growth in development but that is reality. When the Metro finishes you’ll be 5 minutes away from a station that will give you direct access to the lower north shore and the CBD. Watch property prices in this area increase when that is completed in 2024 (imho).

Jacque and KingCantona7 like this.
  8. KingCantona7

Thanks, yes that will be an important consideration.
    I hope the metro line when it gets completed to the CBD will make life a little easier

9. KingCantona7

Thank you.
    Any thoughts on the area near stockland mall ?
    Is that a pocket to avoid considering the roads are busier than other parts of BH.
    Just got notified off market listing of a property at a street , but on the map it is next to the mall

10. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

I love Baulkham Hills. We lived there for 19 years and raised our kids there. Schools are good. Lots of demand for houses near Matthew Pearce school as they have an OC class and people think their kids will have a better chance of their kid getting in if they go there.

Transport has always been an issue. The new light rail helps.
    Baulkham Hills was late to the boom party but it made up for it. I feel it's overheated. Personally I'd wait.

We were opposite BH High. Older houses, nice area.

San2018 likes this.
  11. San2018

San2018 Well-Known Member

What are the timelines for opening of new light rail. I haven’t seen any work happening in Windsor road recently.
    I believe house prices will appreciate which are near Windsor road with this.

12. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

The Castle Hill rail line is already open. Only took 30 years.

San2018 likes this.
  13. Damien Pigott

Damien Pigott New Member

The back streets behind the shops are ok - eg Dobson Cres and Christopher Street, there is noise from Windsor Road

KingCantona7 likes this.
  14. KingCantona7

Thanks, appreciate your response

15. San2018

San2018 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Travelbug, KingCantona7 and bsar like this.
  16. KingCantona7

17. OzCroc

OzCroc Active Member

Sold for $1.5m, not bad tbh in current market.

KingCantona7 and ndpjai like this.
  18. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

19. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

20. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi @KingCantona7 we've bought for many home buyers in the Hills over the past 16 years and know it well. Your budget will buy you something freestanding (if that's what you prefer) older in BH and surrounds but it will all depend on your other criteria. Just make sure you stay in regular contact with the agents (to unearth off and pre-market opps) track the results and don't be afraid to put in pre-auction offers. BH still a popular family suburb and has many parts.

Having also lived there for over a decade and worked/schooled my children I can attest to it being a safe place to raise a family. I lived near @Perky29 and he'll tell you, that with us as neighbours, how can you go wrong? :D

Also consider nearby Winston Hills for value- as others have already said, it also offers larger homes worthy of consideration and a little more for your $$$

Best of luck with your search :)

KingCantona7 and Perky29 like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia