Hornsby Council - BattleAxe Setbacks/Turning Area

Discussion in 'Development' started by MTVL, 19th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTVL

MTVL Member

Hi All,

I am pulling my hair out here !

I have a BattleAxe lot in Hornsby Council and i want to know what my setbacks are for a 2 story house so i can find a house design to fit.

The subdivision HDCP Part-6 6.2 H (page 7) Says:
    Rear Setback is 5m
    Side (front of battleaxe) is 0.9m
    To a garage/ carport is 5.5m
    Total = 10.5m (Rear and Garage)

The residential HDCP Part-3 3.1.2 Setbacks (Page 9) Says:
    Rear 3m/8m (2 storey)
    Side 0.9m/1.5m (2 storey)
    To a garage/ carport - Refers you to Part 1 of HDCP (page 36) which says it you meet certain requirements(e.g. on main road/50m+ driveway etc - we don't) you need to go off the "85% Design Car Turning Path". I cant find the 85% rules anywhere but it was discussed in a post that its 6.5m or 5.4 if your garage is 6.6m wide.
    Total = 9.5m (Rear and Side)

So I asked council about the 5m Rear setback in the Part 6 HDCP and was told that's just for the DA for the subdivision and for the building of the house refer to Part 3 which is 3/8m. Then i asked about the front turning area/garage setback and they cant really give strait answer but referred me to the Part 6 HDCP 5.5m setback. (i was told to do a $500+ Pre-DA meeting to get an answer).
    Council Total = 13.5m

My issue is I just want the setbacks of building as the subdivision is done. I don't think Part 3 should not be relevant as it no longer a subdivision but it says Rear 8m / Front 1.5m then the residential Part 3 says Rear 5m / Front 5.5m. I would expect to use one doc for all setback not the highest of the two docs for each. To make it more confusing the builder I have got a plan done for says they have a 6.5m requirement in front of the garage but another said 1.5 or 5.5.
    Builder total = 14.5m

Has anyone had this issue and knows the rules ?

Thanks in advance