Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thisnthat, 22nd Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Thisnthat

Thisnthat New Member

Hi guys,

I have recently bought my first place. A 2 bed, 2 bath, 2 car apartment in the inner west of Melbourne. Due to settle in a couple of weeks and in quite the panic given the current crisis and uncertainty on the horizon. So much so in fact I spent the whole of yesterday researching 'force majeure' and if I could potentially find a way to get out of my contract.

The situation gets a little worse in that my girlfriend also has a property that she built 18 months ago. We are currently living in that, with the plan to move into mine and rent her place out. But given the current situation she doesnt know if it's worth trying to get someone in that will potentially be unable to pay rent for the next few months anyway.

Interesting times, and potentially a whole lot of hurt on the horizon for us both. Could never have seen this coming obviously and hindsight is always 20/20 but I sure do wish I didnt pull the trigger on that apartment!

Anyway, look forward to hopefully having an input in here, although clearly a very inexperienced one.
    :)

thatbum likes this.