Homeloan while wife pregnant (Twins!)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Mark-iitplace, 7th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Tell bank about twin pregnancy?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Mark-iitplace

Mark-iitplace New Member

First some quick facts. My wife income is about 25k a year while mine is 90k both gross. My wife is due with twins late in the year. She will stop working for a while. She will get maternity leave.

We are looking to buy first house before babies are born. At first I thought we could be done and dusted before the babies are due.

But now I wonder about that and whether to provide this information? I know they can't ask. How would I know to advise.

We might have 2months or so to get a loan finalised. we are looking at around 350k house. 5% deposit and qualify for the government fhlds scheme.

Would we still look better applying as a couple with 'good' credit scores? Would I have any hope as a single applicant and could there be any advantage to do so?

Lastly, would we have any hope in the current climate or are we dreaming and need more deposit?

We already have one child.. Thanks.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Banks ask about expected changes in financial situations - in the loan documents.

3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

As Terry mentioned, they do ask, "any foreseeable changes to your circumstances"
    Single applicant won't work, because you're not single.
    If you want the best chance of getting a loan, see a broker, don't just go direct to your bank

wylie likes this.