HomeBuilder scheme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 5th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

2. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

HomeBuilder Grant guidelines | State Revenue Office
    Victorian guidelines - note the 3 month start of construction extension (to 6 months) due to COVID-19 lockdown restrictions.
    There doesn’t appear to be any change to the requirements for the signed contract date at the moment.

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Starting application today - wish me luck :D

qak and Westminster like this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Noooooo - I'm $7,807 short in payments to the builder, 'cause I can use my demolition costs as part of the application.

Gotta wait for the frame to go up next week - grumble grumble

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... and I'm in. Builder - who I've used many times and have a great working relationship - is starting the frame today, so he billed me (and I paid him) enough to get over the line.

Let you know in 15 days

Screenshot (24).png

craigc and Westminster like this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Finally - 2.5 months after submitting my initial application the monies have now landed in my account, and suspect I'm going to need them before this build is over.

Payment "should have" be 15 working days after application but, us per usual, there were a few hiccups.

Firstly, because I've personally had a non-taxable level of income for the last few years, I hadn't submitted my tax returns (naughty me) - so had to pull those together, submit and wait for assessment.

Second, we'd bought the property off our SMSF back in May 2020, had had a professional valuation done for that transfer. We submitted that valuation with our Homebuilder application. Sadly, the official valuation needed to be less than 4 months old at the time of application - and ours was 5. Had to get a revaluation.

Naturally the government doesn't tell you these two additional requirements at the same time, but waits for one to be resolved before advising of the other.

Then, exactly 15 working days after the valuation was resubmitted (with lots of public holidays in between) the money arrived in our account - and I'm not complaining at all with our very first ever "anything" back from the government.

craigc, Angel and Westminster like this.
  7. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out in the end @Lizzie , shows it always pays to read the fine print & at least this example (eventually) went in your favour.
    Enjoy the new place!

Lizzie likes this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member