HomeBuilder Grant Eligible Properties

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Nik P., 30th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nik P.

Nik P. Member

Hi everyone,

Looking at purchasing my first property very soon and wanting to take advantage of the HBG.

Any ideas about how to go about finding eligible properties? I.e. properties that construction commenced on or after 4 June 2020?

I am just wondering if anyone has an easier way of going about it other than contacting listings separately.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

You likely already need to own the land and able to settle a build contract. It's a few % cost saving and no gift

Nik P. likes this.
  3. Niknok

Niknok New Member

Anyone able to claim their Homebuilder grant?
    I ask my friends and brokers I know and they told me they have not came across to anyone able to claim the homebuilder grant so far.

4. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

No one has because the application process hasn't been finalised yet
    HomeBuilder | Treasury.gov.au

5. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

Aust States need to build the system first before taking on applications :D as well as recruiting

6. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

You have to purchase registered land and enter into a build contract before the end of the grant, with construction commencing within 3months of the contract date.

Lindsay_W likes this.
  7. Niknok

Niknok New Member

How come they advertise that it was from july-4 if i am not mistaken when in fact their are still building up the system?

8. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

You still have 6 months ... what are you hurrying about?

Any idiots can announce any policies at any time and they can implement them immediately? ;)

Lindsay_W likes this.
  9. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Ask them o_O

10. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Each state that onboarded was required to implement systems that allow contracts applicable from a specific date (Commonwealth annouces this on 4 June) prior to their new laws being made. Each state now needs to fomulate what will be a different law in each state. Its inevitable there will be differences between state laws but the basic framework is meant to be similiar. The nature of the scheme means that homeowners will apply and claim from the state who then get funding from the Commonwealth. The state OSR will admister it along with duty, FHOG and other concessions that could apply.

QLD was a slow adopter and only came onboard recently and have agreed to the same start dates as other states = 4 June (not July).

Queensland
    Further information on eligibility and application processes for those wishing to access the Commonwealth HomeBuilder grant will be made available shortly through Queensland Office of State Revenue (OSR). You can also contact OSR at [email protected] or call 1300 300 734.

It is expected that an online application will be available shortly for contracts signed between 4 June and 31 December 2020 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home