Home ownership rates Bangkok & London

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by JK200SX, 23rd Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Hello All,

A bit of a left field question I need some help with please.
    The young fella is doing a school assignment and is trying to find the percentage of home ownership in both Bangkok and London. We have been trawling the internet for a good hour and haven't been able to find anything.

Would anyone have any suggestions on where to find this info?

Thanks in advance.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

London
    Here is a quick search I did - gov site for London - scroll down in the doc. a bit to see the results.

Home ownership

Thailand
    This type of data is generally collected in the Census. Thailand does a census every 10 years http://web.nso.go.th/en/census/poph/2010/data/bkk_2.keyindicators.pdf

Scroll down the second link and you can see housing ownership data for Bangkok for 2010.

TNSO: statistical data-people and society
    http://web.nso.go.th/en/census/poph/2010/data/bkk_2.keyindicators.pdf

Note - these are very ‘quick and dirty’ searches! I have done it on an iPad and not double-checked or cross referenced anything. You could also go direct to the UK Census.

I also recommend asking at your local public library. Or look up their e-books online. They pay for great online resources - including encyclopedias - and those tend to be reliable. Their Atlases too.

Part of the assignment may be evaluating the reliability of an online source…

Last edited: 23rd Nov, 2021
    qak likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Each country likely has a census or statistical agency. Like our Australian Bureau of Statistics. It will provide a consistency in measurement and collection and be a"standard"to consider more reliable than adhoc methods.

Office for National Statistics
    National Statistical Office of Thailand

and consider Census too. It should address ownership as a %. I see Thailands data may be "old"as it seemed to be measured and reported each 10 years but seemed to cease around 1996 ?