QLD Holland Park West.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sackie, 28th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Last edited: 28th Sep, 2016
  2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Kitchen is small me thinks.

3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I think that house is horrendous.. only 303sqm. two houses from Holland Rd, backing onto Logan Rd. Terrible kitchen.. non-existent yard. I think anyone spending over $800k would be crazy..

For the 1.25m price point I'd be expecting a quiet street, 400sqm, perfect layout in the house including huge (Miele) Kitchen, 5bed, or 4 + study, not 3bed + study like the one above. I think this one should be priced as a townhouse on a busy road.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Look at this one. Sold 1.185m and the replica minus a pool on the other subdivided lot (cant find the link) sold 1.25m.
    49b Castle Hill Street, Holland Park West, Qld 4121 - Property Details

Still think you need Miele to get above 1m?
    ;)

I think the main thing that could see it get a lower price is the small size land.

5. vbplease

Castle Hill St is on 481sqm.. I can't see a floor plan, but 481sqm on a quiet st would easily command the $1.2m..

303sqm backing onto Logan Rd?? It's either the busiest or second busiest intersection in Holland park.. Through in some Miele and they may get $810k :p

Kassy and Sackie like this.
  6. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Is that really a pool?

7. vbplease

Must be a water feature at the back?

Only single garage, not double..
    The upstairs bedrooms are only 2.8m wide.

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hush.. I want it to get a good price. :p Ill cry if its under 1m...:oops: (and no its not mine)

9. vbplease

I wouldn't be too worried about this house as a comparable unless your development is also on/backing onto a main road?

Overall I think the architect did a really poor job in this one.. but the 303 block size must have caused most of the design inadequacies..

For the $1.2m+ I'd expect;
    Quiet street,
    spacious kitchen flowing out to outdoor patio
    double garage,
    5bed or 4 + study,
    bigger swimming pool,
    separate WC upstairs,
    spacious bedrooms (at least 3.0m wide),
    I don't think it's hard to get the 3rd Bathroom downstairs if you've got the powder room/Laundry,
    Miele :p

Sackie likes this.
  10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking. The aspect and size of the block is inferior to others but money has been put into it.. Its going to be a really interesting one to watch to see the mindset of OO and demand for this type of stock on poorer aspects.

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

No mate, mine are on a quiet well known street right near multi million dollar homes. Will have sweeping views of mount Gravaat, double tandem garage, kitchen flowing onto deck with outdoor kitchen for entertainment. No pool however. The feedback was 50/50 and in some cases ppl would pay a premium for a no pool option. And for the knock out blow.. we'll have PITT stone cooktop

My builder is having heart palpitations as we speak to be honest to get it in budget.
    30737955DB0F4B22ADBF94BB899241A9.jpg

But coming back to my original point.. i'd still like to see a crappy one get a good price.. cos then you know what that means....$:D$:oops:

Last edited: 28th Sep, 2016
    vbplease likes this.
  13. vbplease

It sounds like your development is set for an excellent price based on location and inclusions..

It will be very interesting to see the selling price of Curlewis St, but think it's in a much lower league than yours.. If you have a look at google streetview (from Logan rd) you’ll see the balcony from the master bed is overlooking Logan Rd. The cop shop is also on this intersection, so might get a few extra sirens. You may know better than me, but I wouldn’t have thought anyone around this price point ($1-1.2m) would consider buying on a main road?

How do you clean that cooktop of yours??

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Mate I'm sure you're on the money with the location, I really just had a quick look at the finishes and made a quick decision (probably internal bias) but it's likely the challenges to the site you've pointed out will affect the price. What will be interesting is to see by how much... :)

How do you clean that cooktop? No idea I don't cook...:oops: Ah I guess you just wipe directly onto the stone.?

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Last edited: 13th Dec, 2017
    Tranquilo likes this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

17. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Be interesting. I grew up on Hoya st so I walked up and down hocking street on the way to and from school. Some of the houses had great views, this one is down the hill from memory though. Cars use to fly down there.

18. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

One of our sons looked at that house in Curlewis Street and the one next door (away from Holland Road). Both were for sale. One could be taken off the block (where this now stands) and one could not (not sure why?).

That little pocket is expensive and there are some lovely houses in those surrounding streets, and further along Curlewis as well, but the night we inspected both houses, about 6pm, the traffic noise was pretty bad. Holland Road carries a lot of traffic, as does Logan Road.

I believe the old car wash behind this (on Logan Road, cnr Holland Road) has approval for units or townhouses so some street noise may be buffered, but the traffic noise was a turn off.

Our son ended up buying in a different Holland Park street, not as premium a street, but much quieter.

I also think the kitchen looks like a secondary kitchen, small and undercooked.

I believe the Curlewis Street will increase the price by $50k over what it would be half a mile further outbound.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Well hope this Hocking one gets a good price, i have interests on that street. And I agree Holland and Logan roads are quite noisy. I would try to avoid them.

20. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

When did these mediocre Southside suburbs get so pricey? Must be tricking sydneysiders from our north side comfortable bubble