QLD Holland Park Good Streets

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Laura3046, 27th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Laura3046

Laura3046 New Member

Looking to purchase in Holland Park, Brisbane.
    I hear there are pockets of commission housing, which over time may change.
    However is anyone aware of the streets they are in?
    Looking at houses near Mar St in Holland Park.
    Thanks

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Personally I'd be happy to buy anywhere in Holland Park if the price represents value. Its one of those middle ring suburbs that's done exceptionally well over the last few years and is in high demand.

Rich2011 likes this.
  3. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Check the microburb at microburbs.com.au - it will tell you the % of public housing.

Laura3046 likes this.
  4. Belle22

Belle22 New Member

I live in Holland Park and there are definitely areas to avoid. I would steer clear of anywhere from Seville Road onwards towards Nursery Rd - this includes the are you are talking about. This is a very different part of Holland Park and not somewhere I would personally feel comfortable living if I had the choice.

If you have younger kids, you would be zoned for Seville Rd school in this area too, which to be honest a has a bad rap. My kids attend Holland Park State School and you can’t get in anymore unless in catchment.

Catch is the houses in the “better” areas of Holland Park are quite expensive. Still some good ones around if you don’t mind something smaller but bigger, newer houses are super expensive. Lovely area that I would totally recommend.

Sam654 and Trailblazer like this.
  5. RaoulDuke66

RaoulDuke66 Well-Known Member

Yes, and the great news is that there are huge barriers in place to prevent drug addicts wondering into the nice streets to break into cars and houses. It's really quite ingenious.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.