Entertainment & Music Holiday in Singapore

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by thegreat, 1st May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

They make it a lot easier for citizen to have roof over they head - lower stamp duty, subsidized education and health etc. PR get a fraction of that, and foreigner get none.

There are both freehold and leasehold - government usually buy your lease back when it's only several years left. They have limited land so it makes sense to create regulation to prevent any of their citizen to be homeless

It was a good destination when shopping was cheap... now it's more like transit place for me :p Singapore position is still very strategic - many Australasia/ APAC offices for international companies located in Singapore

Jerry O likes this.
  2. Xiao Hui

Xiao Hui Well-Known Member

I agree with you. When I was small, I witnessed lots of heritage buildings bulldozed in the city bulldozed in name of "development"

Now the govt has regretted. The city had lost a great part of its culture and history (which can foster sense of identity among locals plus attract tourists). But there's no turning back. Too late ... A lesson for all of us.

3. Xiao Hui

Yes, 4 days is quite enough for singapore. But if you want to explore singapore life, you can consider staying Airbnb houses in the surburbs. Singapore's public transport is excellent - you can take train and bus to almost anywhere you want. Stay on Jurong East, Tampines, Bedok, Toa Payoh etc. Visit their markets, shopping areas, Community Centres etc. It's very different from Australian life!

Not to mention singapore also is a well know staging point to Malaysia. Buses travel to Johor Bahru, Melaka, Kuala Lumpur almost every hourly.

Singapore will be a good example of how an efficient city can be run. From good transport system (public) to little crime to harmonious racial relations.

4. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Never seen so many street hookers in my life as in Singapore, incredible, hundreds of them in a ten minute walk, side by side brothels. Then there´s orchard towers....

I went to a BBQ an an expats place there, I started talking about the government and was told by others to shut the hell up... apparently one can be given a few days notice to get out of the country for criticism (and I was putting my friends at risk), and plenty of local staff will dob you in. Yeah there is some great food and history but its a very strange country really. Airport is nice though, that will do for now.

5. Xiao Hui

Singapore is like a magnetic attracting lots of young and pretty girls from Vietnam, Philippines, China, India, Myanmar etc... imagine making hundreds of dollars per day in hooking up with guys daily? That could be what a normal worker in their country make in a month!

And Singapore being a South East Asian Nation, has relatively lax travel regulations vis a viz these neighbouring countries. It's easy for these ladies to enter the country. These are considered "underground" activities though. So for visitors who has a liking to such "activities", Singapore is an excellent choice.

As for criticism against Singapore's govt, yes I heard of actions against foreigners who did that. But the govt now is more liberal than the older times and I think the notion that they'll be "expelled" for saying bad things is properly overly exggerated.