NSW Holiday home / short term rental

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ganna, 6th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ganna

ganna Member

Would love your thoughts and experiences with a holiday place / short term rental... I'm thinking that rather than upgrade my PPOR, I'd prefer to buy a beachside place and use it for weekends and holidays and maybe even airbnb it.

Anyway, this is the property I'm thinking about
    1 Copnor Avenue The Entrance NSW 2261 - Villa for Sale #126212174 - realestate.com.au

But am a bit worried about it being empty throughout the week...would an apt be better?

2. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

It's and older style house, very dated style, close to neighbours and other apartments. I would not buy this house for this price (maintenance costs are likely to be high). Sales volumes are down in the area, proceed with caution.

3. ganna

ganna Member

Yeah, this villa has been on the market for a looonnngg time.

I prob wouldn't do much to it besides flooring and paint.

The apartments around the area have strata levies of at least $1k a qtr, I think this villa would be less than that.

The area is really slow at the moment

Thanks for feedback

4. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

It lacks the redeeming features I would want in a holiday home, or any home for that matter. A holiday home at that value would also make you ineligible for an aged pension down the line too. Few sales since September by the looks, very slow.