TAS Hobart still good...?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Eiko, 1st Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bozley

Bozley Well-Known Member

[

No Cookies | The Mercury
    I did an online search of the Mercury. There was only one article last week mentioning the REIT and that said that we needed more housing.

All articles prior to last week are about the strengthening realestate market and resulting price increases etc. Nothing there about slowing down that I can see Hobart Chic??

No Cookies | The Mercury

2. Bozley

Bozley Well-Known Member

3. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

I read it last weekend online. I can not find it either but it was there. It should be in the paper last week (physical) Sat/Sun. I did not buy it.

4. hobartchic

Oops. Maybe it was this.

5. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

6. hobartchic

Good grief. I assume the purchasers are hoping to place units there or they REALLY like the beach. I can buy a brand new build for less than that in Hobart.

7. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

Cheap if they have done some form of planning and preparation to get DA to develop. Expensive if they have not done anything or check with the council and town planners to see what can be done. Developing with an existing property in Hobart is really difficult imo. But long term, it is a good buy if they can hold it.

8. hobartchic

There plenty of empty land to be developed in Hobart. I think when the public housing gets built close by they might question the price they paid.

9. splatters

splatters Well-Known Member

oh i looked at this place and thought it would go for a very high price in the current market. it is on 2250sqm of flat land across the street from the beach. not surprised at the price, it must have been bought with plans to develop.

10. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

Most of lands in Hobart are not flat or actually quite steep. The council also have a lot of restrictions for land release and estate development. Built cost is also expensive. That's why there is always a shortage of supply in Hobart.

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Not everyone wants to develop. Some homeowners just want a large bock of land and to live on the waterfront. Drag the boat across the road, plenty of space for all the rellies to camp in the backyard, chooks, a sheep and a vegie patch. Heaven, well except for the southerly winds.

LibGS likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.