TAS Hobart leads the way

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 1st Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Absolutely...Riso is on the correct side and access to Gagey and The Bridge will be easy peasy...to get to.....I am jealous ...he might get views of the water from the penitentary at Risdon.

Its all apples for your mate Boogsy...

datto and See Change like this.
  2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I'm expecting the same thing that happens in most cycles to happen here .

Once prices start moving it becomes the normal to expect prices to keep going up.

People can't buy in the centre , so they go to the middle ring and when that goes up they buy further out .

They're living in Hobart and prices have gone up so they sell and move to Launceston and buy a nicer house for less money and have money left over .

They live in Sydney and are sick of the rat race so they sell for 2 mill and buy a house in central Launceston for 900 which would cost 5 mill or more in Sydney and have 1 mill to invest or put in their super .

They've made money by investing in property in Sydney and found it was easy to do and now Sydney is near its top , they look for where next to invest .

And the cycle goes on.

Given what has happened in Sydney and Melbourne in the current cycle and what has subsequentally happened in tassie , Brisbane and Adelaide in previous cycles I expect to see significant upwards movement in those places in the medium term , though I could be wrong ...

It has taken longer to happen than many expected , but I think part of that is Sydney has boomed for longer than everyone expected , which I'm not complaining about ...:cool:

Cliff

Last edited: 2nd Feb, 2017
    Kevvy7, nyc1, flyhere and 2 others like this.
  3. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

I think Hobart/wider Tas is an easy sell to Melbournians.. Speaking to some, they seem to like the cold and wet weather, and "arty things" that Tasmania offers, and QLD is "too hot" and a "cultural wasteland". Having been to Tassie a few times, I tend to agree its a lot closer to Victoria in feel than NSW or QLD.

I think the past generation may have largely migrated towards Queensland close to retirement, but maybe this generation will see Tasmania taking some of its place? So I can see many positives for Tasmania as a retirement destination.

Brickbybrick, flyhere and See Change like this.
  4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

I reckon I didn't hear a client utter the word Hobart/Tasmania for a good three years, and now it's probably running an equal second with Brisbane for areas being looked at by clients. It'll be interesting to see how the market goes over the medium term.

flyhere and Frazz like this.
  5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Currently purchasing my 1st IP in Tasmania, happy days

Corey Batt likes this.
  6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Corey

Even more than Adelaide ? :cool::eek:

What percentage of your clients are from the forum ? Is it just a forum thing or is it in the wider property investing community ?

Cliff

Bozley likes this.
  7. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Adelaide's still running it's little race of popularity right now, whenever another report of the property growth stats come out fresh calls come through. Media making the market somewhat.

Good question - we've never really tried to see who comes from these channels, but I can definitely say a lot of the referral business from local sources/nothing related to any web based traffic are very interested into Tas.

As above, I think a lot of people follow the media commentary and statistics, because there's no other logical reason we would see so many unrelated parties following certain markets randomly at the same time. (another good example is Geelong which is tracking along with strong interest)

flyhere likes this.
  8. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

Not sure how I missed this thread... Probably because I am out of the market at the moment so spending a little less time on PC. Just posted on the other Hobart thread... This report has been getting lots of media attention down here. Should help with prices ;) FOMO

flyhere and ellejay like this.
  9. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member