Highgate WA: 3 apartments

Discussion in 'Development' started by Westminster, 22nd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

my strategy is to never get sick, injured or die :D are you a quack too??

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

"bob shovel, post: 136765, member: 88"]my strategy is to never get sick, injured or die
    @bob shovel Thats a good strategy! :D

:D are you a quack too??

Once upon a time

bob shovel likes this.
  3. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

Hospitals are an absolutely textbook of don't ask questions you don't want the answers to... that said the alternative of the US system with its incredible costs don't really appeal either, you can either have it be a government funded thing and the incredible waste that goes with that or privately owned and the exploitation of the vulnerable that leads to. Lose/Lose but I think that our system is still better!

Sackie and bob shovel like this.
  4. bob shovel

Block update... grass coming along nicely, neighbours skip bin filling, some out of town ***** parked/dumped a Landcruiser out the front!

LifesGood, Sackie and Westminster like this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Deja vu time.

As Council have decided the amendment to get the third floor back is more than an amendment there is a lot of deja vu.

Last week it went to Design Advisory Council which was interesting as the project has been before. None the less I got some good feedback and it did help look at the project with fresh eyes.

We are waiting on the minutes for the meeting but I can already guess some of the optional and mandatory items so have been mulling it over on the weekend and came up with some cool ideas.

In particular the DAC now has a Landscape Architect on it and he pointed out a tree on the block which I had forgotten about as it's not on the contour feature survey. He challenged me to retain it as it's about 4m tall and rather nice. I actually think I can with some wriggling and rejig but the biggest hurdle will be not killing it when footings are dug near it's roots.

@Aaron Sice they still aren't overly enamoured with the concept but they were a lot more positive about it than last time. 2 years has gone by and 3 storeys is less evil than it used to be and the other neighbour is building a big 2 storey house so it's less of a contrast than what it was.

Crido and Aaron Sice like this.
  6. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

I admire your persistence and determination, this development will be stunning, I have no doubt. Thanks for the updates.

7. bob shovel

Can you get some modelling done with the neighbours hope to help paint the picture?... As long as it works in your favour :) they may be looking at the neighbours then assuming higher?? From memory they are similar overall height?

8. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Have you ever just felt like giving up? (After burning down the council)

9. bob shovel

I think councils have a standard form for that now plus a fee!

LifesGood likes this.
  10. Westminster

@bob shovel yup we have done that and presented it last week at DAC. That's my baby in the middle.

sidebyside.jpg

I'll admit that after my last rejection by council on my other Highgate project I sat outside the council meeting and had a good cathartic cry. It was that or burn down the council and it seemed my tears were hampering my fire starting skills. I had a 24hr pity party then picked myself up, gave myself another 24hrs of being super angry (ok that may have lasted a year or so) and moved on.

I took it super personally, when in reality, it wasn't about me, it was about my project. But I'm so frigging wrapped up and passionate about my projects it seems personal. That is my issue though.

Sackie and bob shovel like this.
  11. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

12. Westminster

Still at council in the Design advisory Committee.

Aaron Sice and LifesGood like this.
  13. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

If you want me to review I am happy to do so....? I like my original loft concept (70º) and maybe that would go down better?

14. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Wow - a small site. Watching this with keen interest. Certainly has me thinking outside of the box in terms of what can potentially be done for a small site with the right zoning.

15. Bryn

Bryn Member

Any update on this one...?

16. Westminster

Hi @Bryn the DA expiration has been extended for the original DA that was approved and we will be building that.

17. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Hi Westminster
    How can we apply for NRAS rent? Can you point out where I can find the information on Internet?
    Thanks

18. Westminster

As a tenant or as an owner of a dwelling? If you want to be a NRAS tenant then you need to meet the finance limits. If you want to own a NRAS property they are sold as NRAS properties through a number of channels - the consortiums and various real estate agents - you can search on realestate.com.au and use a keyword of NRAS to find quite a few.
    Not all NRAS projects are created equal - you might want to hit up @euro73 about which are the better projects to buy into.
    The other way to get an NRAS allocation is to build or buy a brand new dwelling that has never been lived in and see if a local consortium has any second hand allocations that can be utilised on your dwelling.

Perthguy likes this.
  19. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

You are doing yourself out of some dough :) The $5200 "loss" is deductible along with other expenses and depreciation , so its really quite a bit less than 5200, and then the $11,040 credit is added to your after tax ATO result ... typically you are 8-9K better off per annum with NRAS than without , after tax.

Mustafa Salehi likes this.
  20. Westminster

Agreed plus depreciation benefits but I was trying to keep the explanation short and simple :)

euro73 likes this.