Higher density demographic shift

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by JDP1, 15th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Most already know about the gradual shift of the market towards higher density as this article points out yet again...
    Apartment Living On The Rise - Literally -
    I would only do ythis stuff with a medium and long term view however... Short term supply is going to kill cg. But long term higher density will be be performing very wrll and it will be sustainable growth- provided location is right.

teetotal likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Because cities are going higher density, that is exactly why owning land in a high demand area so valuable. They arent making any more of it. But apartments on the other hand....

Eric Wu likes this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

By all means..if you can afford well located land in a city...then go for it. For the rest of us plebs budgetary constraints will force us to make decisions.
    The argument of land appreciates building depreciate ...and thus land is always foing to show more cg even in the long term...well...discussed a lot on various sites and probably on ss as well...

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Seriously, if I were you @JDP1 I'd jump into the house market in Brisbane in a big way right now. They don't cost that much more than a unit atm....

Sackie likes this.