High income stock market trader

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by yipman, 29th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

I would also be interested in hearing a bit about your strategy, if you felt like it at all. Particularly the risk management as Jess mentioned. Are we talking maximum 1-2% of your account per trade, or something more like 5%? And is it a day trading system or do you do longer term swing trades? I can PM you if you prefer

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That would be the only way,then you have the entry-exit cost factors build up so you would want to be a imaginative person,otherwise the theory of black swan events come into play..

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I'd love to see his equity chart as he's grown his funds - it would be very interesting to see how big the drawdowns are.

4. yipman

yipman Well-Known Member

Hi Bingomaster. I have scalping system used on ASX 300 companies. It's not a strategy that I can share as it has been developed by trial and error (with a lot of error)!

Hi Jess. In answer to your interest in my drawdowns this screenshot is from one of my accounts which shows an equity table on a 2 monthly basis. Unfortunately it is fixed to those parameters. I have hovered above my largest 2 month period to show the gain on that. So as to your question as you can see the growth is smooth and drawdowns limited. The most recent 2 month period has been quieter as I have banked profits where I was previously compounding. I plan to repeat the process and bank in another 6 months.

1-12-2015 6-50-02 PM.png

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I doubt it...that Yipman died of throat cancer in 1972 I think it was. Smoked too much opium. :(

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Even if you did share it, 99% of people would not be able to follow it - it's a pretty unique mindset that allows you to trade successfully. :)

Thanks for sharing the graph - do you know your biggest percentage drawdown from equity peak over the last 6 months?

And would you mind sharing your risk management strategy? How much do you risk per trade? Pyramiding?

By the way - well done on your achievements, it's pretty outstanding no matter which way you came to it!

7. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

Thanks yipman for reply and i echo Jess' comments - well done!