Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AndrewTDP, 1st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Former somersoft. Haven't been active for 6 months. Formerly Ideo.

Got my rezoning through and about to start a dual occ build once I find some land. Live in one and sell the other.

Consultant town planner. Based in Newcastle or Gosford but have jobs statewide.

Perp likes this.
  2. Patsy

Patsy Member

Woo Hoo goodluck with your plans and build Andrew

3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Hey Andrew welcome back! I was wondering where you went......

Have you been doing a lot of development in newy?

4. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Work work work work work, basically. Have a few more staff now which is a relief.

Personal level, no. Rezoning in Wyong got final approval, drafted a DCP, wrote a Voluntary Planning Agreement, and now just sorting out a seller. Contaminated Land Assessment reports and ecology took far more time than I wanted. Still, looking at selling with a DA to a developer for a decent windfall. Split 4 ways, but not bad for a first one.

Next project will be a dual occ in Newcastle or the northern part of Lake Mac (Warners Bay, Charlestown etc). Live in one, sell the other, be largely mortgage free as I'm going to be doing something a bit special with the build method... The land is the problem though. Who would have thought finding vacant land or a knock down special that was zoned for dual occ and was big enough would be as much of a hassle?

Business wise, me and my business partner are examining options. We both have a commitment to increasing density in existing well serviced areas from a philosophical position. Showing that development can be done in both an environmental, social and economically sustainable position, so we are looking at 4 different development sites at the moment - stretching from Toronto to Mayfield. Townhouse style developments with great amenity and design.

Client wise, key ones have been a 450+ lot subbie in Port Stephens, a refusal for a unit block in Adamstown (preparing for Land and Environment Court on that one - refused on a 150mm intrusion from a lift well. Ridiculous), 300 lot residential and tourist community and a couple of other smaller townhouse developments.

Big projects elsewhere in the state as well. Picked up the redevelopment of the Dee Why town centre and am apparently on a panel for the next stage of Barrangaroo, so see how that pans out. Plus massive industrial project out in central west NSW that will be around 150mill in value.

How's things at yours? Any more sniffing around this way?

Shahin_Afarin likes this.
  5. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Awesome news.

I got close to buying in newt but found a site in sydney and just settled on another townhouse site.

Found a good site in newy but can't move on any more sites until I start moving some inventory.