Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pugstar205, 22nd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pugstar205

pugstar205 Well-Known Member

This is David.

I had been reading Somersoft forums from the sidelines for a year or so and picked up a lot of valuable information and inspiration. I have a massive respect for people who take action and go after what they want.

I’m interested in a few things that interrelate – property investing, property valuation, economics, politics, wealth creation, social responsibility, and healthy living.

I work for the State government in Queensland in an area called Social Housing Investment. My job involves strategic investment and divestment in social housing. I’ve also just completed a post-graduate property valuation qualification.

I look forward to talking with you all and sharing information, motivation and encouragement through the Property Chat forums.

Thanks.

2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hey David. Welcome.

Are you an active investor (if so, portfolio details would be awesome) or yet to take action?

3. pugstar205

pugstar205 Well-Known Member

Hi Steven,

A bit of a slow start for me (I'm late 30s). I have a rental unit in Tokyo (wife's - she's Japanese) but I'm not sure that counts on this forum. I did have an investment unit in Clayfield, Qld but regrettably sold it to free up some cash.

I purchased a house in Banyo, QLD in 2010 (current PPOR). Since then we've made a massive effort and a few sacrifices to pay it off. I'm about 12 - 15 months away from owning it outright.

I recently refinanced and have a LoC and pre-approval in place for investments. I'm actively making offers but yet to find a property that inspires me enough to get really serious (luckily I have the patience gene). The next few years will hopefully see some astute buying in SEQ and beyond.

Thanks for your interest. David