Hi, looking to invest and need guidance...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sc00bie, 27th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sc00bie

Sc00bie New Member

Hi All,

Found the forum about 2 months ago, wished I had come across the Somersoft forum way back in 2000,

Bought my first PPOR in 1995 (Sydney west) and had my brother family living with me with the view to pay off home quickly and use the equity to get him his home,

Bought PPOR for my brother in 1997 (even though my PPOR have not been paid off), but I'm sure everyone knows that the banks were giving away money during that period

Sold property that I bought (for my brother) in 1997 to my brother because I was getting married and he feels that it will complicate things in 2000,

Bailed sister out that was struggling with multiple credit cards debt ( to the tune of $60K) by using my house equity last year, 2015, (I gave her 5 years to finish the loan at home loan interest rate),

Same sister gave me a free ticket to property expo 2015 and it spur an interest in me to look at my overall financial/retirement status,

Discovered that I will not have enough superannuation for a reasonable retirement income of $100K/year in todays money.

So looking to build a portfolio/strategy to ensure that in 15years time I get as close to that retirement income in 2030 as I can through investment property.

Current LVR in PPOR is 39% (PPR Valuation ~ $700K)
    Income $80K
    Dependant 3 (wife working part time cash on hand, 2 kids below 15)
    No other debt beside mortgage

Looking to build a 'Team' but dont really know where to start (to find a good one) nor team members required (min broker, solicitor/lawyer and accountant I guess)

Have read some of the tax tips and legal tips by Terry_W

Any help, direction would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

mrdobalina likes this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Sc00bie - welcome. Sounds like you are a close knit family! It's nice to see that. I relate.

Tyler Durden likes this.
  3. Sc00bie

Sc00bie New Member

I think it's a common old asian trait....but maybe not....could be big family .... have always been drilled to look after one another...

Last edited: 27th Jan, 2016
  4. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Welcome to a fabulous forum!

5. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

Step one. Go chat to a broker familiar with structuring loans for building a property portfolio. Work out what your initial access to equity is and what your borrowing capacity is. Then start forming a plan based on those numbers.
    Plenty of brokers on here that can help you with step one.

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hi and welcome aboard

I haven't crunched the numbers but your income is likely to be a limiting factor here.

Banks have tightened up their borrowing capacity calculators in recent times.

Your wife's income won't be taken into account if it's not recorded.

Cheers

Jamie

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi @Sc00bie , welcome aboard.
    Good on you for moving into action.
    Continuing to learn as much as you can is the way to go.