Hi, Jerry Parker

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jerry Parker, 22nd May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Member

Nice to join this group. I help investors achieve their investment goals through an interactive coaching program and simple low-cost courses.

I moved to Australia after an investment banking career in NYC in 1989. Since I have rune several small businesses, including a property development company where I funded and built houses and land, apartments warehouses, and small land subdivisions.

I have many property stories to tell about overcoming development issues, property purchase nightmares, and crazy deals. I have always been a small developer/investor so always close to the deals and problem-solving. I love problem-solving.

Now I have a conservative portfolio of properties I can live off of, but am always increasing and optimizing.

I enjoy helping people with their investment strategies and goals.

I look forward to throwing out some of my "common sense" chat on the forums and learning from others. You never stop learning!

I am happy to field people's questions and concerns and promise I will seek to improve people's outcomes and engage openly and honestly.

2. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

What area are your properties in?
    Had them long?

3. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Member

Hi Piston, I started in Cairns where I built and sold 30 houses, I had use of a builder's license. They were "spec" houses so I did not keep them for investment. The same with a small block of apartments. Then I built Beaurepaires Tire center and still have that. Also did some industrial land subdivisions, and invested in waterfront canal properties. This was a 10 year period where I also built a small chain of 6 Coffee Shops and a coffee roasting operation.

I sold the Coffee shop chain after 10 years and did a late-in-life MBA at Melbourne Business School. I now have some shops Beaurepaires and some residential property and collect rent. I have recently bout some land in the sunshine coast and Springfield bris where I and building houses. I have done some management consulting with BHP and a large melb-based coffee chain which I enjoyed. Now I have been helping small residential investors with their property portfolios.

I have recently become interested in the online education space. The knowledge economy. All the information in the world is available online, but there is a real art to distilling information into knowledge and inserting it into other people's brains so they can act on it.

A forum like this looks like a good place to develop that art.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

thatbum likes this.
  5. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Seems like you been busy.
    Have you lived in a canal waterfront?
    I'm curious as to what do you like or don't about them.

I'm sure you'll find plenty questions to answer here.

Welcome.

6. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Member

I had 4 lots in the Bluewater Estate in Cairns, Spent 20k on plans for a big house...then 2008 came. I made the decision to sell everything that was not income-producing. Which was the right move at the time. I did make a nice capital gain on all the lots as I bought them directly from the developer a few years previous.

So I almost lived on a canal.