Hi! Intro and question as Im stuck!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liv, 14th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Liv

Liv New Member

Hi all, firstly Im glad I stumbled across this site in my quest for information. We are in NSW and are venturing from doing reno's to now facing DA's. Exciting times!!!

I have been searching sites/forums council LEP's and all things council website without being able to get my head across this..

So please someone if you can shed some light on this for me?
    We recently bought a house with Dual street frontages. Its a huge house. 3 bed each side 2 lounge etc.
    We want to put a firewall up and split it. A drafts man has come and drawn up plans.

My question is; we want the attached secondary dwelling to be larger than the 60sqm. So no complying development rather a DA. Now if the secondary dwelling is say 68sqm or even 79sqm is this even worth our while putting a DA in or is it a flat no? What generally are the restrictions with this? The private certifier we are speaking to seems to believe it is not possible to go over 60sqm... Im hoping this is incorrect..
    There is no change to the actual size of the house just an internal conversion.

Thoughts?
    Thank you in advance! I will value any type of feedback

Liv