Hi, I'm wylie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wylie, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Well, it seems most of us are re-introducing ourselves. I just want to say hello to all the SS members who have migrated over to this site and will keep my fingers crossed that this forum will be moderated as well as the SS was, and we can all play together nicely in the sand pit ;).

I'm curious to know who else has joined this forum other than those migrating from SS, and how they found the forum? I found SS after joining PI.com more than ten years ago, and found this forum fitted better for me. I have no memory of how I found PI.com and am just curious to know how people find these forums (other than knowing someone who recommends them).

Perp and Simon Hampel like this.
  2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hello stranger :).

I've noticed a big handful of people who lurked but never posted on SS have signed up and started going for it here. Nice to see!

I'm going to guess lots of people googled "property investment <area>" and ended up in a SS topic but I won't assume.

I found my way there a few years ago while sussing out a company whose property seminar I'd just been to.

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

i found ss probably 5 or more years ago when i was trying to get started just googling property investing. but i stuck to mags as i felt i was was to "green" for the likes of ss with the talk of planning, strategies and (my new favourite) mindset etc etc. plus overall "seemed to good to be true“ if only i hung in there before eventually joining a couple of years ago.

4. NHG

NHG Well-Known Member

Also started on PI.com 3 years back. SS just resonated better with me.

Older forum by the Somers. Steve McKnights book was still fresh so lots of new people on PI leading each other astray, also they relaunched it with too many bugs so never went back.

Perp likes this.
  5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie

SS was recommended to me by Joanmc and Moyjos and a few others from a forum for the frugally-minded. There was a group over there who discussed the path of property investments and, well, here I am :)

Gockie likes this.
  6. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Hi Wylie. nice to meet you in these neck of the woods......do you come here often? :)

Perp likes this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie, I posted to PI and didn't really get any response, SS they were very helpful!

8. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

I came to SS in 2006 after reading Jan Somers' More Wealth from Residential Property, which I found by chance whilst browsing in a bookstore.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I found it from meetup!! So I went to the meetup hosted by Sim, and he recommended that I check out the forum. And the rest is history.

Btw, I only got into meetup to try to find a Cantonese language group, (that failed very quickly), then I soon got into a bike riding group which was really fun. But then the main organiser of that group left, and the group was no longer the same....

10. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Yes thats how I found SS back in late 1999.. I saw Jan Somers being interviews on morning TV promoting here first book
    "Building Wealth from Residential Investment Property - How to become a property millionaire in 10 years.
    I went out and bought the book.

DanW and Toon like this.
  11. L and P

L and P New Member

Hi Wylie. I'm very pleased to see you here. I always enjoyed your posts on SS and you've been helpful several times in PM's. :)