Hi, I'm thinking of moving from outer northern suburbs of Melbourne to the Gold Coast. After advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kitten, 4th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kitten

Kitten Member

Thanks forfyour reply. Can I ask how the commute is during peak hour? Some people have said 2+ hours, but Google maps says 1.15 hours. Can you please clarify. Thanks

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

It can get bad, I'm not going to lie, if there's one accident it's standstill BUT in saying that I worked in Brisbane City for 9 months & lived on the Gold Coast and in that time there's was only a few really slow traffic days (maybe I got lucky?) average commute time was 1.5 hours from door to door.

3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

You could wear Maroon, you just might get picked on is all :D

kierank likes this.
  4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

When I put on my Maroon shirt, I become a little (more) assertive, much to the annoyance of my NSW family and friends :D.

If I went parading it around the streets of Tweed Heads, I am sure I would get the **** kicked out of me :eek:.

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Dec, 2019
  5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Maybe reach out to Jamie Moore - A regular poster.

He moved from ACT to the Sunshine Coast and hasnt looked back. He may share some personal experiences

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.