Hi, I'm Jess!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jess Peletier, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi all,

My name is Jess and I'm a mortgage broker, property investor, share/FX trader, and general investment tragic. Also love red wine, good coffee, and food - except cauliflower, although I remain to be convinced that actually qualifies as food.

I started investing at 25, where through sheer luck I caught the Perth boom and doubled my purchase price plus some in 3 years. As is the way with dumb luck, I managed to make a few mistakes shortly after which taught me some not-so-cheap lessons, namely - don't do business with relatives, get your structuring right early, and don't be afraid to make hard decisions for the greater good.

Since then I've done a split, reno, retain and build; and have bought another for long term CG which we're currently reno-ing. So three IP's currently, after we sold up to restructure.

We're probably a year or two from our next project which is likely to be another reno - I love designing and reconfiguring houses and problem solving is one of my favourite things to do. I'm a solutions girl :)

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all over on this site, and am hugely grateful to Sim for creating a new place for us all.

Last edited: 21st Jun, 2015
    Toon and bob shovel like this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi Jess, some good info there. I like the concept of dumb luck!
    Are all of your properties in the Perth area?

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Yes all in Perth - 2 in Kelmscott and one in Madora Bay.

Arnel likes this.