Hi, I'm JamesGG

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JamesGG, 23rd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JamesGG

JamesGG Member

Hi all,

Like many here, I've migrated across from the old Somersoft forums. I first signed up over there as a teenager almost thirteen years ago now and have spent most of my adult life checking in several times a day.

Over the last week I've found myself checking in here just as often, so figured I might as well make a coffee, say hello and stick around.

My story isn't nearly as interesting as most of the others I've read here. I was just lucky enough to learn about investing quite young and managed to get a few property deals done before turning 21. Those deals helped to fund a start-up business a couple of years later which I grew to a pretty decent size before regrettably selling a little while ago. I now run a small advisory firm based around those collective experiences, along with a couple of small online projects and helping my wife Sam ("Lil Skater") with her property management business.

I actually first met Sam through the old forum so figure I owe plenty to these types of communities. We're also raising a delightful two-year-old who sees anything bigger than him as a challenge to be climbed upon. He's pretty awesome and never ceases to surprise and amaze.

Anyway. Must be time for another coffee. Reckon I could get used to this place.

Gargamel, KDP and Coota9 like this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi James - good to see you here :) I first met you before I even knew about these forums, you introduced me to Rolf Latham and here we are :) Lots to be grateful to you for!

JamesGG likes this.
  3. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

That is awesome - you meeting your wife on SS! :)

JamesGG likes this.
  4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Hi JGG

Great to see you here .

Hope DGG is going well .

I'm aware of at least two other marraiges created in somersoft , though one couple still try and deny it ...MG , Yuch .. Don't you .

Cliff

JamesGG likes this.
  5. JamesGG

JamesGG Member

Hey Jess - Great to see you here, too. It's a small world hey? Happy to have been able to help in some small way, I've no doubt you'd have created your own success in business regardless :)

Sure was! And it was the last thing that I expected to eventually happen when signing up as a bright-eyed 17 year old all those years ago.

Likewise! I've always enjoyed following your threads.

Dad is going well, enjoying a quiet retirement out in the countryside. I'll pass on the regards - he was sad to hear that SS is closing down, too.

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Good to see you on the forum James :)

Cheers

Jamie

JamesGG likes this.
  7. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Hi James..

Great to see you've made the switch James.

I look forward to reading your posts.

JamesGG likes this.
  8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hey James, glad to see you found us all here.

JamesGG likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia