Hi - Hard work but just going for it!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Luckycharm, 18th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Hi to the PC community! I really appreciate you generously sharing your experiences and expertise.

I'm in Sydney and so far I have three properties (Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart). I set myself a massive goal a few years ago and I am just going for it!

It is strange that I only just found this forum recently. I stumbled across it while researching financial buffers in anticipation of the rate rises. I got some great insights and I actually feel a bit better about the situation, at least for the time being.

I find the numbers and economics side of investing pretty intuitive because I am an analyst by day. Love those numbers – especially those with a dollar sign in front. But things like estate planning, keeping on top of the cashflows, managing physical buildings, tax…this is where you guys are a great help. My current property project is to set things up so that the portfolio is run like a business. At the moment, I feel like I am putting out fires as I go (so far the fires have been metaphorical). I just have to remind myself that if it was easy to build a property portfolio, everyone would be doing it…

See you around…and for the record, I don’t believe in luck.

Gockie likes this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Luckycharm

Welcome to PC! It is indeed a great resource, and varied experiences.

It is so true - if it was easy, then everyone would be doing it.

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Whoo hoo! Hi @Luckycharm, welcome to the forum! I'm also an analyst too. We have a PC meetup in Epping this Thursday night if you'd like to come along! See the meetups section.

Last edited: 18th Apr, 2017
  4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Three IPs in areas with decent growth is a good start!

Cheers

Jamie

5. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Thanks for a warm welcome, everyone. Good idea @Gockie - I will try to make it on Thursday. I'd be really interested to hear about your analytical techniques.

Gockie likes this.