Hi Guys. Seeking help and advice from the connoisseurs. (FHB) VIC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sic, 21st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sic

Sic Member

G'day all,

Been an avid reader on Somersoft for long time and just made the jump to PC.

This is my first step into the property games as a First Home Buyer looking for a PPOR to start up my family. Currently living in a unit in Clayton and looking to shift to something bigger.

I have been looking for areas where i can start up. I have lived in the south east region of Melbourne for quite some time and was interested in staying south east region when i started researching . The areas i have looked into are Lynbrook (getting super expensive) , Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Berwick.

The reason i started this thread is because (after talking to many people who already have their PPOR) i am undecided to where to buy. Myself and the wife work close to Melb CBD and travelling time is a major factor to consider. As per my understanding, the further you go, the bigger they are.

My budget is around 400k to 430k stretching to 450k if needed and House needs to be under 15yo with atleast around 550sqm (or over) with hope that the property value will grow over time.

Do you guys think i am right looking at South eastearn region or should shift elsewhere?

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated from both of us.

Many thanks in advance.

Sic

2. Sic

Sic Member

Clayton South more precisely ; )

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

That price bracket, land size and location requirements going to make it pretty tough....

The Y-man

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

5. Sic

Sic Member

I know. It is very nasty out there. I have been looking at other regions as well. I should be able to find something on the West side, but not really keen. The market is crazy at the moment.

6. Sic

Sic Member

lol. Are you with Ray White?

7. Sic

Sic Member