Hi, Greg from Brissy with a covid question

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Emudriver, 21st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Emudriver

Emudriver New Member

Hi I'm a traindriver from brisbane with an investment property looking at retiring in the next half dozen years or so. The rental property was previously our family home and it has had steady, good reliable tenants for 2 years now. They have not been affected by covid in anyway in the sense of being impacted financially. The lease is due in mid February and the property manager has informed me that the tenants wish to sign another 12months which is great.
    My question is, the property manager told me that I cannot increase the rent at all because of covid. I have been unable to find anything online to support his claim. I never intended to increase it this year anyway but I want to know if he has been dishonest with me. Can anyone help me with information supporting his claim?
    Thanks Greg.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I don’t think this is true I just pushed up rent in two of my properties. Even during the height of the pandemic I don’t think it was true.

3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

On the QLD Gov site it states
    "The process for increasing site rent has changed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Under new regulation, market rent increases will be limited for the period between 19 March and 31 December 2020"
    Hopefully one of the Property Managers here will come along and provide updated info for 2021

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia