Hi from the South West of WA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stu, 18th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Hi all.

Long time lurker on Somersoft and Propertychat - time to do an introduction and step out from the shadows!

Being involved in the residential construction industry for a long time - recent career tweak has got me selling new homes.

Reading the forums with interest - lots of great advice on here from seasoned investors to help me with current job.

Looking forward to getting involved in the forums

Thanks
    Stu Roberts

2. House

House Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Stu :)

Sounds like you have a lot experience in the industry. New homes as in OTP or already developed?

Stu likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm based in Mandurah, so almost neighbours. :)

How's the market in Bunbury at the moment?

Stu likes this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Gday Stu, welcome aboard.

Stu likes this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Hi Stu, welcome. You can tell everyone the best way to add value to their house is to add a Weimeraner ;)

Stu likes this.
  6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

With that experience, have you previously had IP's or done reno's etc?

Stu likes this.
  7. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

I work in a display home selling house and land packages - target audience is First Home Owners, investors and downsizers. Won't mention the company as I don't want to get kicked off after one post :)
    Thanks for the welcome

8. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome. Market is steady - interest around in the Vasse and Dunsborough region for both investors and first/ second home buyers. Probably not the market pullback we are hearing about in Perth in terms of prices - however didn't see much of a rise over the last few years either.

9. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome - I have been known to talk to clients about where their dog will sleep and if the block is big enough for their furbaby!
    Still think a weimaraner puppy in the display would draw a lot of people in and make the house less sterile looking :)

10. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

I have had IPs although not in Australia. Could probably write a book on what not to do - I bought an investment property solely on emotition - I loved the fact that it was solar passive with great views and an interesting floor design. The tenants hated the fact that it had poor garaging and a large sloping block :).
    I have done a lot of renos and I have a carpentry background. Last major reno was gutting and remodling a house in Leeming, Perth. As I only finished it a week before my wife gave birth to our youngest child it meant that when we shifted to the Southwest we looked at newish homes only!.
    My previous five years have been as a building supervisor so the passion for tackling any more building work outside of work has been limited.

733 likes this.
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's where you learn most of it, from your mistakes.
    Even better where you can learn from someone elses mistakes as well.
    A good lesson in not gettin too attached - you're probably never going to live in it yourself.

Stu likes this.