Hi from Newcastle NSW

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DoggaPP, 10th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DoggaPP

DoggaPP Well-Known Member

Hi all

Mrs and I are looking to start our property investment journey. We may well have left it far too late being in our early 50s. I am very happy with our share dividend growth investing but Mrs is dead keen to do property investing too, so I need to get educated and get cracking.

We have a fully paid freehold home worth approx $650K and $160K in cash to get started. NAB has told us we have plenty by leveraging our home to buy a couple of properties, but if we are going to do this I think we need to embrace the risk, educate ourselves and go for it. I'd probably take the advice of a clever broker over that of NAB so we can grow our portfolio as big as possible within the time frame available.

With only 20 or so earning years left to service loans we may have left the run a bit late - we'll see.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @DoggaPP

Welcome to PC.. you have found the right place to accelerate your journey.

In light with what's happening in the media good to see you value advice suited to yourself rather than going with what you're being handed.

All the best.

DoggaPP likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

It is never too late, although obviously the earlier you start the better (compounding).

Welcome to the forum.

DoggaPP likes this.