Hi from Dalby, Qld.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ryan, 25th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ryan

Ryan Member

Hi Guys,
    I a new to this forum, I joined so I can continue to learn from like minded people. I have 1 IP and have had it for two years and am planing on buying the next one hopefull in the next couple of years. Anyway, I will be asking a lot of questions.

Thanks,

Ryan.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Gday Ryan welcome

Do you know the guys on house rules? :p

Nice town how's business after the gas companies left town?
    I spent a few weeks at jandowie i imagine it's the same :D

3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Ryan don't be afraid to ask questions or to even put your point of view across. We don't bite lol.

And a big hi from the Druitt, NSW

Ryan likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Member

I don't know them personally, but my wife has met them. She says they are really. Down to earth and their house now is fantastic. They are. Celebrities in the town. The market in Dalby has dropped big time due to the resource sector slowing down, I am glad that I did not buy here.

5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi Ryan and welcome

We have had some interesting settlements or rather attempted settlements in Dalby. The properties in Dalby are alright, but we have had a few interesting ones for Tara over the last year or so. Tara is a different world to Dalby and this hasn't happened on all of the but it just reminded me as we had another one yesterday.

Scenario normally goes, contract comes in for a cash purchase at a reasonably low price (<$40k for yesterday's), everything runs along normally until the contract is unconditional, then the Buyer disappears of the face of the earth. If we are acting for the Buyer we email, phone daily, if there is an agent we might get them to try and phone. Settlement day arrives and there is no money in trust, no instructions and no contact. We end up having to ditch the client for not providing instructions and are left with a bill for the searches.

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

Hi RPI,
    thanks for the welcome. Wow that is really frustrating. Dalby is not by home town, I was posted here 5 years ago for my job and I will probably only do another 3 years here. It is a town that rely's on the resource sector to boost its economy and now that it has slowed down it will take a long time for the supply to be used up. I have never been to Tara, so I can't comment on that.

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Goodness, are these cranks? What an incredible waste of your time....do these cases get reported?