Hi from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by josh76, 8th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. josh76

josh76 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am 25, work in the Air Force, and living around Brisbane with my partner and our 2 dogs. Not my first post, however thought I would introduce myself to the forums. This site is amazing and full of a wealth of knowledge. I enjoy spending a lot of my time reading through all the interesting threads and learning as much as I can along the way.

I am currently awaiting the construction of my first property, which will be my PPOR for the time being (more than likely will be posted soon) until I move and keep it as an IP. It is not exactly investment grade I would say, however it is a foot in the door nonetheless.

I plan to purchase more properties in the coming years and continue to learn as much as I can to better set myself up for the future. I am thinking areas closer to the CBD with a good history of CG.

Anyway, always open for advice, suggestions and general chit chat. Would love to make some friends and surround myself with like minded people who I can learn from. If you are from Brisbane, (or I'm guessing Sydney for next year :rolleyes:) I am more than happy to buy you a coffee and make some new friends.

Cheers

Nattl3s likes this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @josh76
    Welcome to PC.
    Well done on starting so young

3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Hi Josh,
    Welcome! love the photo of the border collie. It's why we invest - to give our dogs a better life :)

Where are you building?

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome @josh76 - we do Bris meetups now and then so make sure you come along to the next. Great way to meet folks and pick their brains :)

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @josh76, You have found a great property investment resource. Read as much as you can to grow your knowledge and ask any questions you may have. There are also Sydney meetups for when you come down next year. :)

6. josh76

josh76 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the welcomes.

@Steven Ryan thank you for the heads up. Where would I seek out when these meet ups are organised. Would love to come along.

Haha that is it. It's another way to work towards having more time to spend with then right? :)
    I am building at Collingwood Park. Thus the reason of not being exactly investment grade. But as I said it is a foot in the door, and I made the most of any grants I could such as FHOG and the stamp duty concession. Plus I made the most of benefits through work. So should lower my initial mortgage amount by a bit

7. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the "Meet Ups" section. Thinking I will organise one within a month :)

josh76 likes this.