Hi from Allgood

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Allgood, 22nd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Woah, I like what you've done with the place, think I might stay!
    I've been on Somersoft for a few years now and looking forward to the next chapter.

About me... umm I'm 36 from the NSW South Coast, bought and sold a few properties but currently shopping for IP 5.

Married with 2 beautiful girls, a dog, a horse, lots of cows and way too many wombats . ;) When I'm not at work I love spending time at home on the farm - it's my therapy :).

I learnt a lot from Somersoft and look forward to learning much more here. Thanks Sim and everyone who has inspired me on the journey.

Allgood

Simon Hampel, bob shovel and JMica like this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

what work do you do or industry? (you may have told me before:))
    have you got a shortlist for number 5 now?any plans to get on the farm full time?

3. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Glad you came over 'Bob!' :D

Im a principal of a primary school, so the holidays really help with the farm, but it's too small to earn a proper income from. The old man used to run it alongside another farm he had in the Central West which worked well. I just do it because I love it, it's how I was bought up and I'm more than just a wee-little bit crazy! That and I'm obviously a bit ADD. Last year I got home from our presentation night at about 10pm, took the suit off and went out to pull a calf - I remember my wife laughing at my parallel universes!

We built the dream house with a million living areas in town a few years ago and after 12 months of it being finished the lawn was perfect, garage was tidy, and I'd worn a track around the fence line from pacing up and down. The wife said there and then, righto it's time you got back to the farm. We ended up buying it off my mum, who moved to town after dad died. She'd lived here for 40 years and now loves being in town, close to the beach etc. The farm was originally my granddads bought in the 50's, it's a great lifestyle with the kids, we're only 10 minutes to Berry, 15 to beaches and we're surrounded by national park on 3 sides so it's very private. There's a farm of about 400 acres beside us which we lease and have cows on so it works really well alongside our place. Mind you, when it's pouring rain and I'm outside moving cows or fixing fences sometimes the thought of chill-axing in a nice warm house in town sounds pretty good! I feel like I go back to work for a holiday sometimes. :confused:

Been looking around a bit for IP5 and put a few offers in but no bites yet. There's an auction coming up in Nowra shortly so I'll be heading off to that one, but it'll probably go for more than I want to pay - they usually do!
    Besides one of the deals with moving back to the farm was that I'd renovate the old farmhouse for the wife. I've managed to put it off for 3 years but she's finally won so that's been keeping me busy the last few weeks. Just about to ramp it up next week when the school holidays arrive!

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with ADD, you get a hell of a lot more stuff done! I'd be in the same boat i reckon, helps keep up with the kids!
    The farm and location sounds awesome! a mix of everything, beach, land, cow ****, everything you need

A principal hey... I'll have to watch my grammer and punktuation! how is it the top job? i see it as a bit more a business/managing role than a teaching one? arent you a bit young to be at that desk?

sooo....what do you think of home schooling? keen to hear a teachers viewpoint on it

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia