Hi from a wannabe developer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CraigD82, 6th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CraigD82

CraigD82 New Member

Hi everyone, I wanted to get some input from all you experienced people as I can be a bit of a dreamer, so hopefully this doesn't come across as being silly or unrealistic.
    I live in a coastal town in Central Qld and I have found numerous sites (vacant land) that I think have great potential to become low cost housing developments and also one site in particular that would be great for a student accommodation development. (both could be done in smaller stages so as not to be costing in the multiple millions in one hit)
    Sadly I don't have deep pockets and also currently have little to no borrowing power, as my wife and I have a mortgage but I am the only earner since our baby was born.
    So my question is - Is it possible or realistic to approach an established developer with my ideas (only asking about one development at a time), to get them on board to provide the entire financial side of things, from land purchase right through to gaining permits and then construction costs, and we would negotiate a split of the profits (5-15% for me as an example)??? or would they likely just take my idea and run with it themselves.
    Or is there such a thing as a 'finders fee' when it comes to established developers?
    TIA