Hi from a first time investor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by markson, 9th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. markson

markson Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Thought I better come and introduce myself. I have been lurking around these forums for the last month. Pen in hand.... constantly making notes and sending myself insane at the same time. I can really understand where the term "analysis paralysis' comes from!!

I am currently in the process of refinancing my PPOR mortgage (thanks to broker that I found here) to release the equity and purchase my first IP. Should settle by the end of the month and then I will be good to buy from April onwards.

Will be looking at a max of $400k. It's hard not to follow the crowd and jump on the Brisbane bandwagon but I find the logistics of purchasing interstate difficult.

I am pretty handy so I was hoping to buy something more local where I can at least paint/carpet/etc without having to pay someone.

With my budget I was looking at the Nowra area. Seems to be starting to get some growth from the Sydney ripple. Low vacancy rates and low buy in.

My preferred suburbs seems to change on a daily basis now!

Anyway just thought I would introduce myself and look forward to chatting in other threads.

Ben

2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome Ben. You'l be in good hands with a broker from the forum. And you'll continue to learn heaps reading and contributing :)

It's handy being handy. I'm hopeless with that stuff!

3. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Welcome to a great forum Ben. We have many investors (ourselves included) who purchase interstate properties and manage them successfully...have a read of the many threads on the topic to support you to make informed decisions...most importantly, seek a PM who you can build a strong relationship with as your 'eyes and ears' in your absence with the capability to advocate when required to always act in your best interests

4. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi Ben
    great to have you here and I'm looking forward to sharing your experiences as you move towards your purchases.
    All the best.
    X