Hi everyone! Sydney investor joining

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liquidity, 25th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Liquidity

Liquidity Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Have been consuming all the excellent content on this forum and decided I'd better join.

A bit about me:
    - Work in financial services (Sydney based)
    - Happily married and live in the Lower North Shore
    - Current portfolio:
    1) Ermington - House - bought 2015
    2) Upper North Shore - House - bought October 2020 (future PPOR, currently renting it out)​

Historically been an equities investor, but have been bitten by the property bug now :)

Looking to expand the portfolio into other states or commercial over the coming years

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Welcome to PC! What is next on your property journey?

Liquidity likes this.
  3. Liquidity

Thank you!

We just purchased a future PPOR last year, so focused on saving bit further this year

Then looking to add some further CF+ properties to help accelerate debt paydown

Property Twins likes this.
  4. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

A few of the old-timers on this Forum went the other way, became equities investors. Why not staying in equities? Better gains during good time and trouble free without dealing with tenants and maintenance...? Welcome anyway, we have a shares sub-forum as well.

Liquidity likes this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Welcome. You'll find all sorts of investors here.

I'm one of the above. I believe that property is the best way to grow your wealth, however can't deny that shares have no maintenance and the costs that come with it. We've diverted some of our wealth into shares now that we're older, for a stress free income, but will never move out of property completely.

Liquidity likes this.
  6. Liquidity

There is no doubt that ETFs are a great way to invest and we plan to debt recycle our PPOR loan into a combo of the ASX / S&P. The power of ETFs is amplified once you are able to access the cheap debt within property portfolios rather than just using all cash

However with interest rates being so low now, i could see the writing on the wall for the Sydney market and knew I had to get in before the FOMO kicked in (at least for my PPOR)

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!