Hi everyone, roceans11 --> rocean

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rocean, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rocean

rocean Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Rosh and have been lurking around Somersoft for about 3 years now before making the switch to PropertyChat. Congrats to Sim on starting this forum as an information resource for many of us.

My investment timeline:
    • Age 24, Dec 2011 - 2bdr OTP in India, due for possession in Nov 2015. (Bought at $80k, ~$30k owing). No idea on current market value. I don't think it's gone up much at all. Prefer to sell but waiting on a bit of growth. Prefer to use the cash for a purchase locally. Bought it on the advice of a family member (I was young & naive).
    • Age 25, Dec 2012 - 2bdr in Dulwich Hill (Bought at $440k). Current market value ~$550k.
    • Age 27, June 2015 - Have put a holding deposit on a dual-occupancy NRAS property in WA.
    In 2013-14, have helped my parents purchase a 2bdr unit @ Hurlstone Park (where my partner and I currently are renting off them) and a 4bdr house @ Harrington Park.

Plan going forward - Keep renting until we can and purchasing IP's depending on strategy and borrowing limits (either accumalate NRAS to fund cashflow and reduce debt, or look at Brisbane and buy something affordable to hold).

My head's a bit messed up at present, while the job is treating me well from all fronts, I'm a bit unsure if this career is what I want to be doing for the next 10 years. In short, I have reached my quarter-life crisis ;) I've always wanted to do something related to business and work for myself but instead chose a degree which after 6 years of graduation I realise is not what I want to do.

I love sport (could watch Cricket and Football all day long). I follow Liverpool in the EPL. I'm big on nutrition and fitness and love to cook a healthy meal. Love a social gathering and entertaining people (couchsurfers, friends etc etc).

Somewhere deep down, I hope I can set my mind on a life goal soon enough and get out of this quarter life crisis.

Last edited: 30th Jun, 2015
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hey Rosh, good to see you looking after your parents, such a nice boy.
    I like the term quarter life crisis, had one myself. Go for a jaunt OS and think about what you want to do, there's no rush.

3. rocean

rocean Member

Hi Azazel, thanks for the kind words. In my culture, the parents really try to look after the kids (no matter how old you are) and it works vice versa as well. At times it is troublesome because you are trying to deal with generation gaps of thinking but I guess the effort pays off in the end.

Yes, I really need some time off to set a few goals to look forward to. Haven't had a quite holiday for about 1-2 years now.