Hey there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vanillascent, 5th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vanillascent

Vanillascent Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I don't think I ever did one of these introductions on the Somersoft forums so it's about time I do one now.

My name's Benita and I am Brisbane based. I am 26 years old and I am fairly new in the investment arena. I have one property so far which I purchased in 2014. I am looking to expand in the near future. My current expansion plan is based on a buy and hold model with some cosmetic renovations along the way.

I am a lawyer and accountant by qualification. I had a brief stint at working in the corporate sector as both before finding myself working as an accountant in a $25 million dollar turnover wholesale company where I am now a director.

While I don't work directly in tax accounting or as a corporate/tax lawyer, I have always been fascinated with corporate law and taxation.

I've always had a great interest in property. Even when I was in high school I would find myself on realestate.com.au when I was meant to be doing homework.

All of the threads on Somersoft and now on Propertychat have always been interesting for me as a tax/law nerd. I feel at home with these topics and it's great to know that I'm learning daily from knowledgeable and respectable like-minded individuals.

My goal through investment is to to keep it as a hobby - it will never be a job for me because I think as soon as it was to become my day-to-day and I was dependent on it, I would lose my sense of enjoyment out of it. Ultimately, I would like to own enough properties that I can retire comfortably (and early) and travel. I don't have a particular monetary portfolio value or number of properties as a goal - why limit myself?!

I'm looking forward to this new forum and the great discussions I'm sure we will have here.

Kind regards,
    Benita

Perp likes this.
  2. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

hi Benita. welcome. it is easy to get addicted to these forums with the wealth of information here. i think having goals is important, otherwise how do you know you are on track? Having said that, goals need to be revised often because things change and once the ball starts rolling it picks up momemtum, beyond your wildest dreams.

3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Benita!

It sounds like your career is going exceptionally well and is something you're passionate about. Wonderful place to be in at age 26 :) The investment property is icing on the cake.

How early are you wanting to be able to retire?

And what's the plan for purchasing your next IP?

4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Sounds great Benita.... there is a wealth of IP info to be found here and over on Somersoft. Make sure you ask lots of questions because you will learn so much more than passive reading alone.

5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Oh no, more lawyers!

Just kidding btw - welcome (back) to the forums. Can we bug you for tax opinions?