Health & Family Hey there ***** boomba!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by spludgey, 2nd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

While that's really cool, just remember the story one of our SS forumites told us about spending some weeks in a Cuban gaol.

Mooze likes this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

@vbplease think more hardcore, go for the assault bike :D

vbplease likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I like the ride along Enogerra Creek.
    Stays a bit cool with the shade too.

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I prefer riding a normal bike, try to go for a ride, then to the gym, then ride home, hence the short workout.
    A couple of hills add to the intensity as well.

5. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I started some shakes called " the man shake" made by Adam mad dog mcdougall the former rugby league player. I lost 5kgs in the first month and I didn't even exercise. My dad is a big man and he started on the shakes and also signed up to do his challenge which gives you videos to exercise to for even the most unfitest person.

He has lost 7kgs so far. His hardest part is giving up beers. Although if you follow the program strictly then you can earn points and at the end of the week you can have a 6 pack of beers or a pizza if you want to.

The cost of the shakes are $119/month but it well worth it and I have found this has been the best weight loss product I have tried.

They also have the lady version of the shakes aswell

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good to hear that it works for you blokes.
    I saw him on the TV talking about it a while ago.
    You can get whey protein powder pretty reasonably on the internet these days too, although you have to find the exercise that works for you yourself.

7. Redwing

Had a look at the mad dog site, reminded me of this video, both talk of Losing the beer gut without losing all the beers o_O

Very low calorie diet (VLCD)

Last edited: 4th Jun, 2016
  8. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I'll have a look at it. Though I'm unable to follow recipes. I can use them as inspiration, but I always change things around a bit (and usually add chilies).

Glad to hear that it works for you and your dad, but I don't think it's my kind of thing. I'm both too cheap and like food too much to replace it. I find that you can make low calorie meals that taste nice, plus I actually enjoy cooking.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

There's another idea, posting some easy low fat meals.
    Meat and steamed veggies is pretty easy.

10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Oops, you already mentioned the recipes.
    Good idea! ;)

MTR likes this.
  11. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

I recently changed my diet and have lost around 6Kg in 6months time without any exercise. I have reduced the intake of carbs (mainly rice, potatoes & bread). I have stopped eating junk food.
    However, I am doing this only weekdays. Weekends are the so called cheat days.
    I have even tried lite n easy but that only helped in controlling the weight but not losing it. So i started a DIY diet and it worked. :cool:

MTR likes this.
  12. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

If anyone loves food it's me. You have a shake and you won't even feel like eating. There is also recipes for you to you use. It works out about $2 per meal so if your eating cheaper then that you should already be skinny.

13. Redwing

Man Shake Diet

[​IMG]

14. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

I lost 20kg in the 2nd half of last year (126kg -> 106kg) mostly by cutting down on excessive amounts of sugar. I didn't increase my exercise and I'm generally very inactive. I didn't want to go on strict diets or crank up the exercise initially, I wanted to see how much weight I could lose without putting in any real effort, not to be lazy but more to be sure that the weight was more likely to stay off and also to gauge an understanding of what actually affects my weight so that in the event it were to increase again I could get it under control before it's too late.

For the first 2 months I reduced my portions significantly but I found that being hungry 24/7 just left me feeling angry and weak. I figured out soon after that I could still continue to lose weight with my original portion size for most meals except pasta which I brought back to 3/4 size. The main key for my weight loss was completely cutting out cordial and soft drinks as well as cutting right down on things like juices. I still have an ice cream every night, you'll never take that away from me.

It's been 6 months since I reached 106kg and my weight has generally fluctuated between 106 - 107kg up until last month where I'm now sitting between 109 - 110kg. It's due in part to the household not eating as well over the past couple of months as my wife (the cook) is pregnant and even more sick than she was with our 1st child but also due to a change in jobs that now has me working from home for weeks at a time thereby making me even more inactive than I was before. I know that once I get my routine sorted out and reintroduce the lunch time walks that I used to do as my source of exercise, my weight will return to 106kg again.

My original goal weight was 100kg but I was happy enough when my weight loss stopped at 106kg and would be happy long term provided I can maintain that. It was interesting that whilst I could tell visually that my weight was dropping from every 2-3kg I lost, I didn't feel any different until I got under 110kg. FWIW I'm 6'1" with a fairly broad build and because of that I have no interest in getting my weight under 100kg. Most people who meet me are surprised to hear I weigh over 100kg, even when I was at my heaviest.

chindonly and Redwing like this.
  15. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

People should stop looking at scales, and start looking at the mirror.

For eg; my sister blew out to become rather..."full build". She weighed 8.5 stone at 5'2".

Then; she became obsessed with aerobics (and diet of course).

After about a year; she had regained her looks and previous shape...she again looked sensational, but her weight was still approx the same.

Why? She had dropped the fat, and had replaced it with muscle - which is heavier than fat.

Davothegreat and WattleIdo like this.
  16. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

How's the calendar looking?

17. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

I Just got gazumped.. I had to eat 2 cakes by myself... exercise( swimming) starts again on Thursday...
    I know this doesn' t help..

18. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

@spludgey keep an eye out for sugar. Companies sneak it into all sorts of foods.

Sugar is not your friend when trying to lose weight. (Sugar in fruits and vegetables is fine).

If you haven't already, go watch "that sugar film". You can find it in the Horror section....

Davothegreat likes this.
  19. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I would be training for the Blackmore as well as city 2 surf. But, in the city during lunch time and then close to home on weekends.

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

that's really good, am doing similar. I hate exercise more than I hate dieting.

MTR:)