Health & Family Hey there ***** boomba!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by spludgey, 2nd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

One reason that many people fail to meet their goals is: Accountability (head over the Investor Psychology to read about more)

This is also one of the main reasons for my failure thus far. One of my new year's resolution was to get back down to a BMI of 25 (upper end of healthy), or in my case 98.1kg. Instead, I've managed to put on another 3kg since then.

My goal is now to lose that weight as outlined in the diagram below.

So now I've let all of you know, feel free to keep me accountable and if I don't post a weight update on the 1st of each month pull me up on it!

Anyone else that wants to also use this thread as their form of accountability, you're more than welcome to do this!

My plan is very simple, eat less crap! Usually the kind of food I eat for main meals isn't too bad, it's the snacks in between and the sheer amount of food that I eat.

I already cycle 17km per work day, which includes around 150m of horizontal gain, so I think while the exercise part can always be improved on, it's more the food that I have to focus on.

upload_2016-6-2_17-43-18.png

2. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

Aim for Budgie!

spludgey and Xenia like this.
  3. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Good on you!
    A the moment I am full of excuses.. 2 weeks ago 60 hours in economy , (Flight)last week participating in a conference, exercise morning taken up by Tax crisis.. this week tired.. keep telling me what you are doing!
    One day I will start exercising properly!! At the moment I exercise ( swim) and I am so tired the next day I cant do anything! SIgned off for now, ***** Boombina!

spludgey likes this.
  4. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I like this. In 2014 I made the commitment to myself to lose weight and after fine tuning my diet found something that works for me and I lost a fair bit of weight but still a few kg short of my goal. For the past 8 months though I've plateaued and even put on 2 kg as I've been eating a little less strictly but mainly my level of exercise has dipped. The past month I've gotten my act together again but do also like being accountable for stuff.

This morning I weighed in at 64.5kg and my aim is for 58kg so I will also check in every month and hopefully be not far off my goal.

DaveM and spludgey like this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Well done Spludey great goal.

So that we can keep you accountable can you post progress pictures along the way? ;)

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Would you feel like trying to join me in lunchtime jogging along the Parramatta River if I started to do it?

Xenia likes this.
  7. spludgey

How about I post a budgie smuggler picture if I I fail? Though I don't know if that's more of a threat for myself or to the PC community!

Well here's your opportunity, join in!

Nice one @Kinnon Bell, thanks for joining!

Xenia likes this.
  8. Gockie

Good luck... how tall are you? I'm approx. 166cm tall, was always 58kg up until I discovered cruising a few years ago.... last time I weighed myself (and that was in the old house) I was 62kg

MTR and Xenia like this.
  9. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

@Gockie I'm 162cm tall (short :p )

Gockie likes this.
  10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

@spludgey - i support your goal and accept your challenge. My weight is also going in the wrong direction and not too far off yours. There is a bean pole inside trying to get out.
    In my vast experience, I've found that too much exercise can be counter-productive. Isn't 17km a day more than enough?
    Anyway, I'll start yoga again - amazing how it works. And walk the dogs an hour a day.
    Plus will get back onto my food plan with a little help from a friend (or 2 ).
    Moved into the half renovated house last weekend so time for a fresh start. As soon as I find the scales will weigh myself. But might not post the weight until it's history.
    All the best,
    Another ***** Boomba

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Go for it.
    Too many people talk about it, but don't do it.
    Similar to people who go on about how they're going to quit smoking, and they get a positive feeling from people saying good on you. Then they don't need to quit anymore.
    But go for it!

12. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I mentioned a week or so ago I would start a 'Biggest Loser' type challenge in the 'Bodybuilding/fitness' thread.

Ill work on some details and spreadsheet etc tomorrow and maybe kick it off in a week or so to tweak the details.

Perhaps a 12 week challenge over winter with a few primo prizes along the way? Im sure Id have a few takers?

pinkboy

Johnny Cashflow, S.T, Mooze and 4 others like this.
  13. spludgey

I'm really not much of a runner and my schedule is a bit erratic, but let's give it a go and if I really hate it (not the company!), I can always make it a one off!

Thanks Wattle. 17km on a bike isn't that much. It only takes me around 45 minutes a day and is broken up into a 20 minute ride to work and a 25 minute back home (guess which one is uphill).

As long as you start it soon, I'm in. Though I'll probably give the bodybuilding part a bit of a miss.

WattleIdo and Gockie like this.
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Yeah, same. I eat really good meals of an appropriate volume but it is gratuitous calories that impact the most. I am talking about food that serves no useful purpose other than tipping me into an energy surplus (think biscuits and fresh bread with fig jam). I don't eat a lot too much but it is enough to keep my waist too large.

I agree it is easier to cut back on food than exercise more. I have started walking more, because I like it and I can do it. But I am walking for my heart, not my waist.

15. 158

158 Well-Known Member

It's just the general fitness thread. Plenty of weight loss tip within the thread, plus some good stuff for injury, diet etc.

Anybody into Bodybuilding, Weight Training and Fitness, Get in Here!

Ill work on the details of the challenge and put it out there shortly.

pinkboy

16. Gockie

Great! I'm not a runner either but CBA has free Blackmores run half marathon entry in September for staff and I have done no training... last year I did it and i'm glad I did it but basically I walked the last couple of kms. I would like to run/jog the whole thing this year.
    When would you like to start? I can bring gear tomorrow (assuming no rain!) :)

17. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I will join if waist circumference is an acceptable metric.

18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

In.
    Although weight loss is going to be a medicore measure for me as I'm hitting body building for a while

19. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I don't really need to lose any weight now, might be a different story after Winter if I don't keep motivated.

20. spludgey

That's a fair effort, I've never run 21km.
    Sorry, I can't do tomorrow, I'm booked in for a plasma donation.
    I'll check my calendar for Monday tomorrow, I'm fairly sure that I'm free then.