Hey everyone New here! I'm 25 and looking for third investment

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jason Micallef, 21st Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jason Micallef

Jason Micallef Member

Hey everyone my name is jason and I am a 25 year old from Western sydney.

I am an Arborist by trade. I live in my grandparents old house whete I pay rent. My inlaws are offering us a house next year to live in rent free which will be really helpful.

I currently own (bank owns) a property in Silverdale, close to the upcoming badgerys Creek airport. I also recently built a granny flat on the property with equity, giving me a nice positive rental return.

I am now at a crossroads financially with 400k in equity that I want to use to purchase another property. Trying to decide is hard, but lately my heart had been set around Brisbane, particularly lockyer valley and Toowoomba.

At the same time I want to purchase my home to live in, which would be within the Sydney basin on acreage ideally, but unfortunately I can't afford 1.5mil at the moment for the minimum.

Really look forward to anyone's advice and keen to learn strategies for buying interstate. I am shocked at how good the returns can be in areas like Toowoomba, for such little outlay. Something I am very unfamiliar with after focussing on sydney market for so long.....

Westminster and The Artisan like this.
  2. The Artisan

The Artisan Well-Known Member

Toowoomba has come a long way, I was going to buy some land but decided against the idea as I needed the rental yield for my early retirement plans, especially Brisbane at the moment. If it's purely budget restrictions have a look at some of the cheaper suburbs around Logan or Strathpine, but my favourite bargain suburb at the moment is Gailes, 21km from the city. Here's 2 houses for example. Capital growth has been strong recently and rental market is tight.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-gailes-136561822
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-gailes-136491230

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Welcome! You're doing well for such a young person. Good luck!

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia