QLD Heritage Park or Crestmead Or Marsden

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Akh, 16th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Akh

Akh Member

Hi

I am looking at a IP brick lowset house in the mentioned area's and it seems like houses in Crestmead and Marsden area gets sold before it even reaches realestate.com.au but houses at heritage park seems to move a little closer but seems like a lot nicer area more family orientated. Can someone advise what sort of area is Heritage park and is it worth while investing for long term? I am pretty much looking for a retirement plan so the strategy is to buy and hold or should i be looking at crestmead/marsden areas?

basically looking at a 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 garage.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Akh - I'm going to be the devils advocate and ask why any of those areas? What does success look like to you? What is your retirement plan? (if you don't mind sharing). And what's the reason for 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car property? To me those have little or no upside unless you're getting a super bargain and making money going into the market...

3. Akh

Akh Member

Hi these and the general logan area is what i can get into currently with prices well below the $400k mark. I am actually looking at 3 properties 1 being in each area all priced similarly. The plan was to purchase a property every 2 years with a combination of equity from the house as well as saved up cash and try and accumulate enough properties which can fund my retirement. I thought rental yield is better for a 4 bedder rather then a 3 bedder and this is what i was basing my decision on. I have only started looking into the property market for the last 2 months so my decisions and judgement could be so wrong and that is why i am on here trying to make sense of everything and anything. Any suggestions/ assistance would be very much appreciated.

4. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

5. David24

David24 Member

Hi Akh , I have to agree with MsAli , if you asked which of those 3 suburbs would I recommend to live in then Heritage Park no problems . I lived in heritage Park from 2008 until 2014 and sold PPOR this year . Saw some bargains and some very unreal expectations in that time , but as for investment not all of heritage park is equal , not all the streets are equal . Also not all the houses are equal , not every 4/2/2 is a good size some are very 'pokie' which may effect rent achieved and capital growth . I'm not trying to put you off , I'm looking in the same areas right now happy to compare notes or do a drive by for you.

David

ej89 likes this.
  6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Here's some information for you @Akh

FYI: Taken from RPData website, it shows that Crestmead is number #1 for cashflow suburb:

[​IMG]

7. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Somehow Crestmead is better than Heritage Park for investment, see below data from trusted source:

[​IMG]

Source: Compare suburb

8. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi Akh,

Honestly the suburbs are much of a muchness. There are minor differences between the three, but it really comes down to the deal itself.

Check out the Logan thread, there is a detailed write up there on Marsden and Crestmead.

Logan buying guide

I would suggest run the numbers on the particular deal and go from there. Better still, visit the three properties in person, and you will have a much better idea which is the best buy.

Cheers,
    Michael

Tekoz likes this.