Here's a video you wont easily forget

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by euro73, 14th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

2. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Interesting watch!

3. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Scary stuff. Thanks for posting.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Is there an abbreviated version of this? ;)

5. euro73

If you were to ask the speaker in the video, his abbreviated version would likely be - the West is in big big trouble and will have to take its medicine one day soon. He doesn't articulate what that medicine might be... I assume he means higher taxes , higher interest rates ( as low rates and QE is the problem he says) and austerity ... but he doesn't really say.

See link below. Then see bottom right corner - US Unfunded liabilities... that seems to be his biggest concern - how all the unfunded commitments to things like pensions, healthcare etc, will be paid for.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited: 15th Nov, 2019
  6. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

The guy's a very smart cookie. Makes the complex simple.

7. euro73

He's got some interesting takes on things ...

8. euro73

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

This I agree with.....

10. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

dont like the way that video abruptly stopped. Like to know what he was about to say on the end of....."So that means that Australian Investors can very happily go into emerging market local currency bonds...." his hand still motioning something else to say and video cut off!

Kelvin Cunnington likes this.
  11. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Wow great analysis...I really do hope he is wrong. Although he didnt mention properties, i got the vibe that properties will be safer asset in relation to shares and bonds... It will be more inflation proof, and inflation will likely the result of next crisis as he have mentioned...

12. icic

icic Well-Known Member

What would you think will happen to Australian property prices and property ownership in general if the his predictions plays out ?

13. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Yes great video @euro73 .

This gentleman raises some great points and all the problems he raised are a serious concern. But if I had to predict what will happen when the you know what hits the fan again. No the world won’t come to an end and society won’t fall apart. They will just print more money and stop the world from falling apart. And then how do we fix the problems that all the money printing is causing. We print even more money. Then rinse and repeat.

Did the world fall apart when they printed the last few trillion? Will it fall apart if they print another few trillion? I think what they do with those trillions when they print them is the key. Why can’t they inject that money into society by lifting up the parts / people in society that are most in need. Would that still not boost spending and create economic activity instead of just inflating asset prices?

anyway this is me just guessing as I really have no real understanding of how this all works.

Brickbybrick likes this.
  14. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Is anyone moving things around to protect against the predicted "rainy day" in this video?

15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

What would you move to? If the worst case scenario he speaks of occurs the no matter what assets you hold they will be hit.
    Unless you buy cans of baked beans. When society breaks down and the apocalypse arrives they will be a hot commodity.

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-known cafe bum of the East Premium Member

Here's another horrible scenario, only thing is it's a certainty to eventuate unless action is taken to invest.

You slog your entire life, 9 hour days running to and from the office. Day in, day out. No reprieve. You do this dance of insanity for 60 to 65 years only to then retire on the poverty line or slightly better. Your entire life was spent doing something you tolerated at best, only to end up in a position where you have to struggle to make ends meet or at best, live a very modest life until time runs down and.... you die. Lifes over.

That is not a possible outcome like all these doom videos.

If you don't take action to invest in your financial future, that is a certainty.

You choose.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2019
  17. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

@Sackie post is gold

The video is garbage.

Put aside the fact he is selling Asia focused investments and bagging the west. (ie talking shop)

The main problem with his argument is that he seems to think the financial tail wags the physical dog. It ain't so.

Produce some surplus income and buy for the long term some productive capacity in the form of business's or some physical real estate and you have a realistic shot at changing your stripes.

Do nothing and its certainly ground hog day over and over until you die.

18. Bunbury

Bunbury Well-Known Member

Talk about vested interest. Aberdeen mainly targets emerging markets as well as China so it is no real surprise that he would be talking down the West and putting the hard sell on Australians to invest in emerging markets.

Kelvin Cunnington likes this.
  19. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

HOLY COW. Your post scared me more than the video. I’m dropping everything and investing immediately. :D

Sackie likes this.
  20. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Inflation means interest rate going up, but assets will inflate.. $1m of loan was unimaginably huge for majority of the population in the 80s where you could buy 10 houses in almost anywhere. now it's just about size of an average loan in Syd and Mel. If his scenario plays out to accelerate the inflation process, I think majority of members here will benefit as LVR will dramatically reduced like in the 80s... All you need to do is to sell one property to pay off your multimillion $ investment loans. So if you worry about hyper inflation as his scenario is suggesting, real estate investment is the best way the go.

Last edited: 16th Nov, 2019