TAS Herdsmans cove TAS

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hayes, 26th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Good deal

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell no

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

44 Lamprill Circle, Herdsmans Cove, Tas 7030

Hey all, been looking into Hobart region for an IP that is Positive cash flow as a long term investment. Does anyone have any experince in this market currently?

Above property looks like great value to buy and hold.

Luke

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Don’t know that suburb , but with the price and being next to Gagebrook , I’d be very , very wary .

I’m fairly certain that @skater bought in Gagebrook many years ago and had all sorts of tenant problems and sold to get rid of the hassles .

Tassie isn’t somewhere I’d buy close to the bottom of the market . On the other side of the Derwent I would have been happy to buy most places , but not Chigwell.

The bottom end of the market in Tassie is really “ interesting “ and we’ve seen some tenants in some relatively nice suburbs who I wouldn’t want to live next too .

Remember , it was a Tasmanian who won “ bogan hunters “

Cliff

3. Webb

Webb Active Member

Don't do it. Tenant problems and low cg are not worth it. Yes you may get a decent yield.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We actually didn't have any issues with the tenants at all. The problem was the neighbours kids, who kept pulling down the fence & throwing rocks through the windows. As they were department of housing tenants, they weren't going to be moving any time soon, and the police weren't doing anything either, so we decided that selling was the best option.

5. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

@Hayes did you end up buying?