Henry Kaye

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Redwing, 4th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

The reno design kit I recall was part of his spruiking business... He was trying to sell a 30-40K complete furnished kit that will increase $200 rent, that will cost the students $20k. The furnished kit includes leather couch, top notch entertaining system that the corporate tenant would want...

His other spruik was OTP. We all hate OTP, but back in early 2000 it was new concept for most.., using deposit bond/bank guarantee to secure a OTP, 3 years to settle and property to grow 30% by settlement, bank valuation comes in a purchase price + 30%, so technically no money down....

2. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

Yeah that was general gist of the whole strategy

Back then otp prices didnt have future capital growth built into the prices.

Property prices were going up at a good rate back then so had they continued to do so. Then his strategy would have worked.

But obviously it didnt

I bought the design your internal kit for $5k

Christian likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I have a vague memory of him suggesting OTP but upgrading the finishes to make it better than others in same block. Maybe that is incorrect. Maybe that was a Yardney idea?

Christian likes this.
  4. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

5. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Thats how the world works unfortunately. The dumb money goes to the cunning manipulators who take money off the people who are far too trusting and get sucked in easily. Seen it happen so many times now, as hard as it will be for those investors, hopefully they will learn a thing or two from getting sucked in.

Luke T likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Yeah just saw it

Im a bit surprised. Hoe can you legally sell stuff twice or more

Isnt that what lawyers are for?
    How does this all happen in todays world?

Is the site unusable?
    Seems like if they did it legit they could also make a lot of money off selling housr and land packages too

I guess its a combination of greed, addiction and their passion to rip people off

And how do you make 60m disappear?
    Surprised he hasnt been jailed or been taken out by mobsters

7. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Was this the scheme where the land was being sold (and rented to the house builders) pre the subdivision being completed.
    The builders offered to buy back the land at a substantially higher price later?

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

Interesting reading this thread. I worked for HK for a year and learnt a hell of a lot and got sold the dream and a property. Bit like Wolf of Wall Street, being a young guy I loved it. I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't get burnt. But I learnt a lot and if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have bought my first 2 properties. His knowledge and ideas got me on the property ladder. Is he a spruiker and dodgy? yes absolutely but there were many clients who made a fortune out of his strategies learnt in the course. I know cause I met them. If you followed his info and not bought his OTP properties you did well. The sales training was amazing and pushy at the same time. What a ride.

9. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

He had some brilliant ideas.

Christian likes this.
  10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I know he is Dodgy but I actually kind of respect his energy, persistence and creativity

If only he put it to good use he could probably achieve the same results

11. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Stupid people are still stupid ignorant or greedy

13. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.