Help with laundry/bathroom layout

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Beachsnow, 11th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beachsnow

Beachsnow Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Doing a full reno on a 1928 home in Leederville, Perth. Have come up with two configurations for the existing bathroom to convert into a toilet/aundry. Little bit weird having a toilet in the laundry but I think there's value adding a second toilet in the house. This bathroom was the only bathroom and was reno'd a few years back. I am building an entirely new bathroom which is a lot bigger and converting the existing bathroom into the laundry.

I have 2 options of where to stick the toilet. I'll be removing the bath.

Option 1 to stick the toilet next the the laundry sink so its kind of hidden away on the corner but then the laundry sink and cupboard space is quite small.

Option 2 put the toilet on its own away from the sink which gives space to extend the laundry cupboards but you kind of walk straight into the toilet sitting out there on its own. Not sure if that's going to highlight the weirdness of having a toilet in the laundry.

I've included a couple of attachments and one of the overall layout to show some context.

Thanks!
    A IMG_0102.jpg Laundry 1.JPG Laundry 2.JPG Overall.JPG

2. MB18

MB18 Well-Known Member

I would just put the toilet in a position that allows you to make the most of the laundry space.

I wouldn't worry about it sitting out on its own. They only reason you would be in the room is to fetch the washing or conduct your busisness.
    Its not as though you will be entertaining guests or spending your lazy afternoons in there.

Besides, the second toilet is really only there as a spare.

Pingu1988 likes this.
  3. Beachsnow

Beachsnow Well-Known Member

Yep good call :)

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF